| FTBL How many Iron Bowls have you seen in person?

bamatommy

I’ve only been to one but it’s one of the best of all time, if not THE best.

I was at the 1985 Iron Bowl almost exactly parallel with the uprights. Van Tiffin kicked the game-winning 52-yard field goal on the last play of the game. I couldn’t see whether the kick was good or not because of where I was sitting, but I was listening to Paul Kennedy on my Walkman and he said “It has the distannnnnnnnce. It’s good! It’s good!”

Been to 3 that are not the real Iron Bowl but they were in T-Town. Two were great 36-0 (2008) and 49-0 (2012) and we shall not mention the other one....

Seeing the Barn anytime under any circumstance disgust me to no end unless it is a complete beatdown of the Barn by Bama.

84-86, 89, 93 (bought aubrun season tickets and sold them all except the Bama ticket so I could watch that thing), and the last eleven or twelve home games.

16 or 17. I agree with @bamatommy the '85 game might be the best game I've ever attended. The '08 game was very satisfying, and the '12 was like a cat playing with an injured mouse, left that game early and headed to the strip. For us, the 2000 game was the most futile game I watched, as soon as they kicked their first FG I knew the game was over. Our D played well that day, but we were never going to score in that freezing rain game.

RTR,

Tim

I’ve been to one - many years ago in 91’.

I have Antonio Langham taking a pick six to the house etched in my brain for life!

I was 7. My grandfather, who lived in B’ham took me to the game.

Same year I became a Bama fan.

I’ve been blessed to see a bunch of them … at Legion Field and at BD. I’ve only been to three at JH but they’ve all been losses so I’m not going there again … at least for a while. There’s absolutely nothing worse than to leave that stadium hearing obnoxious cow patty u fans run their mouths.

I’ve been blessed to see a bunch of them … at Legion Field and at BD. I’ve only been to three at JH but they’ve all been losses so I’m not going there again … at least for a while. There’s absolutely nothing worse than to leave that stadium hearing obnoxious cow patty u fans run their mouths.
Agree. I have no plans to go back. I won't even buy gas in Lee County.

Back
Top Bottom