| FTBL How many games should a D-1A football season have?

How many games should there be in a D-1A football season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• more than 12

• Total voters
11 games, 8 conference, 3 out of conference. No opponents less than D-1. Two creampuffs, one strong OOC opponent (Texas, La Tech, Central Florida would be a good slate).

Playoff between eight teams at the end of the season. Bowl games for another twenty or so.

10 games and a playoff, in my opinion.

Forget the conference championships. Have the top 10 or 12 teams in a playoff. I know the Bowls don't want to see a playoff happen because of the financial ramifications, but it just seems to me that there would be ways to incorporate the major bowls into a playoff system and let the minor bowls host teams not in the playoff.

porkchop said:
10 games and a playoff, in my opinion.

Forget the conference championships. Have the top 10 or 12 teams in a playoff. I know the Bowls don't want to see a playoff happen because of the financial ramifications, but it just seems to me that there would be ways to incorporate the major bowls into a playoff system and let the minor bowls host teams not in the playoff.

The championship game could be played at one of the major bowl sites, but not the preliminary rounds. Think about it: eight game playoff with first round games at the Fiesta, Cotton, Capitol One and Holiday bowl sites. Winners go to the Orange and Sugar. Championship game is at the Rose. What fan of an SEC school could go to Tampa, New Orleans and Pasadena for successive weekends? Plus, we are taking those scholar athletes away from campus for more games. Shame on us!

Yeah but if you do away with the championship game and have like a 10-12 team playoff then there's pretty much the same number of games as now right. I mean, teams are playing 13 and 14 games right now.

Travel could be an issue I agree. It would be tough enough for a school to go to Pasadena one week and then fly to New Orleans the next. And we're not even talking about the fans, so yeah I can see travel being an issue. Maybe you could alleviate some of that by having the initial round or two of the playoffs at home fields. That would help some, but the opposing teams still have to travel, so.... :?

As far as the lesser teams not in the playoff, they just play the one bowl game.

I'm not saying I have the answers here, just throwing out some things for discussion.

I'm with you guys on the playoff and canceling the Conf Champ games UNLESS every conference is forced to have one.

10-11 games per regular season.

Top 8 teams play in a playoff with the championship game rotating just like it does now.

The rest of the bowl games invite the folks that don't make the playoffs. The "BCS " Bowls not holding the Champ game gets first pick of teams.

With only 8 teams making he playoff, the regular season still has meaning, and you get an on the field champion. The meaningless bowl games that everyone else plays in will mean just as much as they do right now. They will only matter to the fans of the teams in them.

Back
Top Bottom