| FTBL How About them (Samford) Bulldogs?

Crtuneman

I beg your indulgence to allow me to hijack the Bama board and talk about my Samford Bulldogs. They had a a great game against the Mercer Bears (2 OT) to win their first outright conference championship in 68 years. The last time they won a conference championship they were Howard college playing in the old Dixie conference. Now they are in the FCS playoffs and they have a first round bye. I'm so proud of my Bulldogs and I hope they go all the way. Any other Samford alums out there? Let me hear you sound off!

I remember watching Jimbo Fisher as the QB at Samford. He could literally see all of the field - with those big google eyes, how could he not?
His coach was Tater Tot by the way.
I was there from 89-93 when Tater Tot was there. I still remember how disappointed I was that he went to Auburn. I was naïve enough to think that he would stay at Samford LOL. But Tater Tot's last year is when the Bulldogs made it to the Final Four where they lost to Youngstown St. Man that was a great year. I was in the marching band by the way. I loved watching the games.

As much as I love samford I’m glad I’m not there lol. It’s a low of 13 tonight. Glad they have a dome
Yeah... highs in the mid 20's.... right now in Denver it's pretty nice, mid to high 40's low 50's and low 20's at night, not even close to Fargo temps. Gonna kick back, pop open some suds and pull for the Bulldogs tonight. :)

NDSt beat Samford 27-9.
Samford "D" held tough all of the first quarter and part of the 2nd but they did hold ND State to 166 yards on the ground which is not an easy task, but the Bison QB made plays when needed too. He was 15/18 for close to 200 yards and a TD. Samford "D" got wore down in the 2nd half. It was 24-0 before Samford could generate any kind of offense. That Bison defense is as usual, always tough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom