| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC House of The Dragon

Condal and Sapochnik told the Hollywood Reporter "House of the Dragon" would "pull back" from the amount of sex scenes in "Game of Thrones," but would still show sexual assault. Sapochnik told the outlet, "If anything, we're going to shine a light on that aspect. You can't ignore the violence that was perpetrated on women by men in that time. It shouldn't be downplayed and it shouldn't be glorified." Many fans online were upset, given the criticism "Game of Thrones" received for sometimes showing long, brutal scenes of sexual violence. The series also often used "sexposition" — having characters deliver long exposition over images of people, often unnamed women, having sex.

"I think for whatever reason, I think something was incorrectly reported or got misconstrued," Condal says. "We're very aware of the time that we live in. We're very aware of how different the world is now versus 10 years ago when the original show premiered."

Y'all chew on that for a minute and get back with me.

I haven't watched this episode and likely won't until the season concludes.

IF, IF this follows the book it's going to be a "I chose a violent show to watch." There's some shit coming ... if they follow the brutality found in the book.

"We're very aware of the time that we live in. We're very aware of how different the world is now versus 10 years ago when the original show premiered."

Y'all chew on that for a minute and get back with me.
Uh Oh.... guess we'll have trans gender protesters burning, looting and destroying property while throwing Molotov's at City's Watch in King's Landing in a peaceful protest.....without any AR's of course. ;):p

Uh Oh.... guess we'll have trans gender protesters burning, looting and destroying property while throwing Molotov's at City's Watch in King's Landing in a peaceful protest.....without any AR's of course. ;):p

"If anything, we're going to shine a light on that aspect. You can't ignore the violence that was perpetrated on women by men in that time. It shouldn't be downplayed and it shouldn't be glorified."

At what time, exactly? A film, based on a fictional book found in the Fantasy genre.

At what time, exactly? A film, based on a fictional book found in the Fantasy genre.
That actually brings up something else related.

There are those now arguing that including racism or misogyny in fantasy like GoT is indicative of the author themselves being racist and misogynistic. This is based on the theory that you could create whatever world you want in fantasy (even that based on Medieval Europe) therefore including those means you made a conscious decision to do so and it represents your internal feelings.

Of course there are others who would argue that ignoring them in Medieval based fantasy would be the same as marginalizing them.

Damned if you do and all.

That actually brings up something else related.

There are those now arguing that including racism or misogyny in fantasy like GoT is indicative of the author themselves being racist and misogynistic. This is based on the theory that you could create whatever world you want in fantasy (even that based on Medieval Europe) therefore including those means you made a conscious decision to do so and it represents your internal feelings.

Of course there are others who would argue that ignoring them in Medieval based fantasy would be the same as marginalizing them.

Damned if you do and don't
I get it.....Kind of like a rappers lyrics. :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom