| FTBL Hoover changing grades report.

rammajamma

Verified Member
What do yall know about this? Is Probst going to be out as Hoover coach? Are they really considering him as a potential assistant at Alabama? Do I need to quit listening to Finebaum on the way home from work? :lol:

The full report of the investigation is supposed to be posted on line tomorrow. The board voted on Wednesday not to edit anything. There was one member who supposedly thought that some of the findings were of a personal nature and should be left out, however the rest of the board felt that if anything were edited out it would only leave room for suspicion.

As far as RP goes, I haven't heard anything about an Alabama job, but the rumor (and please note it is only a rumor) is that he will be asked to resign at the end of the year. Now, whether or not that turns out to be true remains to be seen. Still, it looks like Hoover is in for a bumpy ride for a little while.

When it comes to listening to Finebaum, all I can say is, if you're going to listen, do so for entertainment only and try a different source for factual information. :D

I quit listening to Finebaum. His only job is to stir the pot. He does not REALLY care about credible reporting and he shouldn't. He feeds people what will cause the most talking and he is good at it. It's his job.

Not to say that everything he says is garbage and remember his is a caller driven show. I just don't listen because he trys to piss people off and not listening to him is just one less stress in the workday.

Perspective from outside of the state.

RP/Hoover are just high school and have no business on the Bama forum.

RB is seen as a jerk, thanks to Mtv, so the thought that he would be sitting in "momma's LR" trying to take "her baby" off to Tuscaloosa sounds insane. Bama is not in the business of seeking out scandal producing ego maniacs.

LBS said:
Perspective from outside of the state.

RP/Hoover are just high school and have no business on the Bama forum.

RB is seen as a jerk, thanks to Mtv, so the thought that he would be sitting in "momma's LR" trying to take "her baby" off to Tuscaloosa sounds insane. Bama is not in the business of seeking out scandal producing ego maniacs.

There are alot of funny things I could say to that..most of them are not complimentary to Alabama though lol.

Seriously though I think RP is an Alpha personality and we know CNS is. The two would not mix well I think.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Somebody wanna read this and give me the cliff notes version????

I browsed through it and found nothing mentioning UA FWIW

UA has nothing to do with this. You'll find fans of some rival schools making a big deal about it. More than likely you'll see a few sports writers saying something as well. BUT, the bottom line is the University had nothing to do with this story at all...

To summarize: We are convinced that, though clearly an unauthorized grade
change, this was the result of an innocent human error by Bond and Stephens – without
any purposeful intent to benefit a football player – and that they would not have made
this change without Quattlebaum’s authorization if they had realized that the student’s
12 year-end average was 89 rather then 89.5. There is no indication that STUDENT #1 was
personally involved in, or even aware of, the grade change.

Too bad for the AU fans.

The only mention of UA is in regard to student #1 (obviously Josh Chapman). Keven Steele is mentioned as calling a HHS administrator regarding his GPA, because everyone thought he would be eligible. There is no further mention of Steele after that. The investigaotor's concluded that it was a mistake to change Chapman's grade, but an honest one. The NCAA also looked into this and found no problem with Chapman being eligible.

I am sure that things like this go on at many high schools, though I doubt that the pressures at most schools to keep athletes eligible is as blatant or unrelenting as it is at HHS.

Back
Top Bottom