| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC "Hollywood doesn't have an original idea." Carries a little credence when I see "Night Court" is coming back.

TerryP

Staff
I just don't know...can't see the character—Dan Fielding—being able to carry the series and I sure as hell can't see Melissa Rauch (Big Bang Theory fame) as a judge. At least she isn't carrying the squeaky voice here.

To me the original series was carried by Bull, Selma, and to a lesser extent Judge Harry Stone.

Judge Stone was more like the referee for the group in most cases. He provided a glue to keep all those characters together and moving from one thing to another. Not sure that can be replicated now and that was a lot of the charm of the show. It was a cast of characters who revolved around Judge Stone and not really a show about him even if he was supposed to be the star.

Since the Bama game was on last night, we just dvr'd the two new episodes. I'd be more excited about this if at least Bull was able come back. I agree with you about the lack of originality, but this one already seems to be going in a different direction based on what I've seen in the previews.

Side note: Like some of us teenagers learned back in the 80s, I wonder if this new generation of younger viewers will learn why there are a lot of women appearing in New York night court.

Saw ads for Magnum PI and Quantum Leap when my son was here watching NFL on Sunday. Had no idea.
Magnum PI isn't the same as the Tom Selleck one. Higgins is a woman, and the love interest of Magnum. Robin is also know by the other one two. It was on CBS last season until NBC pick it up for two season.

So far...Eh. There's definitely a nostalgic feel to it, but when Dan Fielding is defending, not prosecuting...I want to like this a lot, but this whole turn a smart ass cynic into a touchy, feely person better at least be funny.

When you think about it, the original began in January 1984 (39 years ago). So that means that Larroquette hasn’t been fired, changed jobs or had a promotion in almost 40 years. Almost everybody in the court has changed, but not him. Even in NYC it’s hard to be this incompetent for 40 years.

When you think about it, the original began in January 1984 (39 years ago). So that means that Larroquette hasn’t been fired, changed jobs or had a promotion in almost 40 years. Almost everybody in the court has changed, but not him. Even in NYC it’s hard to be this incompetent for 40 years.
I watch it on the Peacock this morning. Old Dan has left and been married and now a widower. He also on the other side now. I have read that Richard Moll will come back but not as a regular, but not heard anything about Marsh Warfield? I would like to see Brent Spiner and the lady who played his wife.

Back
Top Bottom