| FTBL Herbstreit: So if I’m betting right now, I don’t even know what it says in Vegas, I’m betting Alabama to win the national championship.

Kirk Herbstreit made an appearance on Pat McAfee’s show on Thursday, and said the key to projecting college football trends is to stay one step ahead.

That’s why the ESPN analyst is careful to put Alabama away just yet and declare that the sport has moved on to Georgia.

“Be really careful of listening to, “David Pollack said it’s a new’ that’s right when Alabama comes back and just throws their trump card down and whips everyone’s ass. I haven’t even really like dug in, I’m already leaning to Alabama to win the national championship. Just when you f—— say ‘Nick’s done, Alabama’s done, Kirby,’ goodbye. Here comes Alabama, they’re going to win it all. So if I’m betting right now, I don’t even know what it says in Vegas, I’m betting Alabama to win the national championship. At this point it’s guaranteed. We’ll see with injuries and what happens, but do not sleep on Bama.”

UGA still has to be the favorite at this point, though.
Post spring / pre-season ratings would put UGA -5 to -5½ when they visit Tuscaloosa.

That said, those ratings were looking at a Tide team with no answer at QB. That'll change as soon as they get the season underway.

(These same ratings would put Tx at -1 to -1½ when they visit Tuscaloosa. I HOPE TO GOD it remains that way!)

Back
Top Bottom