| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Have you ever seen a movie or tv show that changed the way you ate something? Pancakes?

So the bottom pancake gets as much syrup as the top pancake!

eb98cd10-3526-42e4-991a-b318e01c9d7d_text.gif

My Blue Heaven might just be a silly movie, but it's great! Both Rick Moranis and Steve Martin just kill it here!

@bama alum I don't remember that bit...will be Googling in a few minutes. 🙃

I saw this is S1E6 of the Bosch series. One of the reasons I'm not a big fan of pancakes, or waffles, is they get too full of syrup when you're getting to the middle. I saw this and just so happened to also have some blueberry waffles in the fridge ... had to make syrup, but damn. I'll never waffles the same way again even if I'm asking for extra plates at Waffle House, IHOP, et al.

tvresidence-bosch.gif

@bama alum I don't remember that bit...will be Googling in a few minutes. 🙃

I saw this is S1E6 of the Bosch series. One of the reasons I'm not a big fan of pancakes, or waffles, is they get too full of syrup when you're getting to the middle. I saw this and just so happened to also have some blueberry waffles in the fridge ... had to make syrup, but damn. I'll never waffles the same way again even if I'm asking for extra plates at Waffle House, IHOP, et al.

tvresidence-bosch.gif
You know it's the right way when Bosch does it.

Yep, "How It's Made" was on one day, as I was walking through the den. They were at the Zapp's Potato Chip Factory. The employee leading the tour grabbed a bag of the Voodoo Chips. He turned the bag upside down and proceeded to explain that's the best way to open the bag. When they are shipped and stored a lot of the seasoning settles to the bottom. So when you flip the bag upside down it re-distributes the seasoning back over the chips. I now open all of my seasoned chips by flipping the bag upside down first. A deli owner who serves Zapps saw me intentionally flip the bag over before opening it. When I noticed that he was watching me I explained why. Later he told me that he now explains this process to all of his customers who order Zapp's Chips.

I believe that was his reply to the original question re: a TV show, etc. changing the way you eat something.
Ah, that makes sense.

He's lying. 🙃

Here's another; different genre.

In the early 80's I was reading a spy novel set aboard a train. I can't recall the name of the book. The main character ordered a rib-eye in the dinning car and asked for horseradish. I was already a fan of horseradish but I'd never heard of eating it with a steak.

One of the nice things about playing sports in high school was eating at a steak house on away trips. I turned many an head asking for horseradish at places like Quincy's, and Ryan's.

To this day ... it's the only thing I'll put on a steak—even those from places like Hall's.

Back
Top Bottom