| FOOD Hard Mountain Dew hits the shelves today.

TerryP

Staff
I don't mind the soft drink though it's been several years since I've had one. I do mind (aka repulsed) at the notion it's meant as a mixer for whiskey.

Do we have an reports guinea pigs from FL, TN, or IA?

Folks who are that worried about what others do with their purchased goods are not people I want to spend much time with. Do as you enjoy.
Is repulsed the thing as worried? ;)

Crimes against humanity worry me and mixing Dew with whiskey is just that.

I found out yesterday a friend of mine mixes Jack and Mt. Dew. His wife, who told me, was just as repulsed.

I see the problem here....Y'all just need the recipe to mix it.

1. Get your favorite bottle of whiskey.
2. get 1 can of the Hard Mt Dew.
3. Pour whiskey to the desired amount in sipping glass (add ice optional)
4. Add the whole can of Mt Dew in a separate glass.
5. Stir the Dew until it starts to slightly foam.
6. Pour the Dew down the sink drain.
7. Get you glass of whisky sit down, kick back and enjoy.

You're Welcome. :p :laugh:

Definitely a lot of elitism in the alcohol realm. I get a ton of shit for not liking Scotch. Consistently told that I should try more and more expensive ones until I find one I like. I have tried about 40 different ones (mostly at someone else's place) and I can barely tolerate any of it. Smoke goes on meat and that dirt taste is just wrong.

Personally I have a love of finished whiskeys, especially Canadian and Bourbon. If it was finished on Cognac, Sherry, Port, etc barrels I will probably like it straight up with no ice or water.

Definitely a lot of elitism in the alcohol realm. I get a ton of shit for not liking Scotch. Consistently told that I should try more and more expensive ones until I find one I like. I have tried about 40 different ones (mostly at someone else's place) and I can barely tolerate any of it. Smoke goes on meat and that dirt taste is just wrong.

Personally I have a love of finished whiskeys, especially Canadian and Bourbon. If it was finished on Cognac, Sherry, Port, etc barrels I will probably like it straight up with no ice or water.
I'm not a scotch guy and, on a lesser scale, not crazy about some ryes - due to the same dirt flavor. Woodford is about the smokiest I'll drink, but it's my wife's favorite for an old fashioned, so I keep it. I'm good with almost any mid to upper priced offering, over ice.

These are also no caffeine and no sugar. I like the zero sugar Mountain Dex occasionally but I can't see the attraction here. You get none of the energy from a Mountain Dew and little alcohol. This is what we used to call a bitch drink.
Same here on the bitch drinks. We busted many a guys balls over these kind of drinks.

Terry, if I see these for sale at the store, I’ll buy and give you a review. But only because you’re wanting a Guinea pig.

Forget that. I will drink the hell out of a fruity ass drink at times. The only thing I give people shit about is Coors Lite. If you drink that you deserve everything you get.
Zima? ;)..... Had a Breakfast Dude last weekend at Big Bad Breakfast in Florence, thought it would be a little too sweet, swung and missed on that flavor.... that's some more stout coffee (Kahlua and Vodka mix). :)

Back
Top Bottom