Staff
Does your day consist of a smorgasbord of:
  • Food?
  • Family?
  • Sports?
  • Busy work to avoid one of the above?
  • All of them above?
Enjoy the weekend, folks!

Anyone want to share something they're thankful for? We appreciate you folks and your participation on RTB.

I'm going the route of the anti-traitionalite this year. I routinely buy Bison for burgers. This will be the first time I've had a Bison steak (ribeye.)

At this point I'm thinking Bison and a beer. No veggies, no potatoes, no salad: just steak.
Bison is amazing, it's just too expensive to buy consistently. I use it exclusively for when I'm trying to build up my strength and put on mass. Higher in protein and lower in fat. And it tastes amazing, so it's really easy to get down.

Bison is amazing, it's just too expensive to buy consistently.
Ah. For the sake of clarity, I'm single and I don't have "rug rats" running around. šŸ™ƒ

The steak isn't Hall's Chophouse expensive but it still wasn't cheap: right at $40 for 17 oz. That's pretty standard.

On the other hand, I don't see the ground Bison as expensive (based on how I budget meals.) $7.98 a lb. at Food Lion for Organic. I can get four burgers out of that...puts me at about $2.50 for the meal.

This year we are cooking like we traditionally do, but just not for as many, maybe 20 folks. I smoke a turkey on the egg in this amazing cajun marinade my wife found years ago and it's good. Traditional vegetables; black eyes peas, collards, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, dressing, mashed taters etc. My son and I will most definitely be watching some football, Egg Bowl kater, snd if we can make it, the Alabama/Michigan State game.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all!

Well....this place will look like a Salvation Army feeding station...in a matter of hours...
Ms50+ has been in kitchen for 2 days getting her Thanksgiving dinnerready...
Her pride a joy...

And then packing and getting ready to travel to ttown in morning ...been a longggg time it seems... beat Auburn!

Its great that GOD and America provides us opportunities for families to enjoy such times...
Hope all have such a blessed day

Does your day consist of a smorgasbord of:

• Food? Helping cooking.
  • Family? Yes
  • Sports? Maybe.
  • Busy work to avoid one of the above? no!
  • All of them above?
Enjoy the weekend, folks! Yes we will !

Anyone want to share something they're thankful for? We appreciate you folks and your participation on RTB.

Having our family together today.

Happy turkey day! Or ...bison steak day!

The CDB toilet paper is just in case some dip$hit brings up politics during the gathering.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1669301347311.jpg
    FB_IMG_1669301347311.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221124-084929.png
    Screenshot_20221124-084929.png
    942.9 KB · Views: 2
316678802_437128928621809_8229905293584771026_n.jpg

I'm going the route of the anti-traitionalite this year. I routinely buy Bison for burgers. This will be the first time I've had a Bison steak (ribeye.)

At this point I'm thinking Bison and a beer. No veggies, no potatoes, no salad: just steak.

We have a Ted's around the corner and I've had their bison ribeye several times. It's delicious. However, I really can't taste the difference between bison and beef....I'll be the first to admit my palate is not very sophisticated.

We have a Ted's around the corner and I've had their bison ribeye several times. It's delicious. However, I really can't taste the difference between bison and beef....I'll be the first to admit my palate is not very sophisticated.
Part of it is health. The way Bison are raised you're not eating meat that's been exposed to hormones and antibiotics.

As far as the ground Bison goes ... I find it more "stable" (?) for a burger. The meat is a little more coarse, if that's the right word? I like my burgers meat rare and with regular ground beef at the store? Yeah, you're not going that way, are ya? You're not going to Wendy's and asking for a Ā¼ pounder medium rare? Think about itā€”if it's not well done it's falling apart.

I do find it sweeter. But then again, I'm not a big sweets guy so that might be palate.

The biggest thing to me is the meat is lighter. I eat a Ā¼ pounder for lunch (beef) and I'm wanting a nap. The Bison doesn't sit as heavily.

Isn't that one of Ted Turner restaurant? Use to be one in Newnan , Ga.

Back
Top Bottom