| FTBL Greatest Athletes by Number by SI

ATHLETE as defined by the dictionary. Warren Moon not even close try Jim Brown! Or Bo Jackson! SI what bunch of tards!

Are you freaking nuts No. 18 | Peyton Manning before No. 19 | Johnny Unitas BS!!!!! Johnny U called his own play at the line! PM is good, but I'd take Unitas in a heartbeat over PM.

Optimus said:
ATHLETE as defined by the dictionary. Warren Moon not even close try Jim Brown! Or Bo Jackson! SI what bunch of tards!

Are you freaking nuts No. 18 | Peyton Manning before No. 19 | Johnny Unitas BS!!!!! Johnny U called his own play at the line! PM is good, but I'd take Unitas in a heartbeat over PM.

It's by their jersey number. They are listing their opinion of the best players to wear a particular number, not the best athletes in order.

Optimus said:

You do realise that they are not "ranking" them don't you? They are listing their opnion on who was the best athelete to wear that particular jersey number.

Tigrinum Major said:
Optimus said:

It's by their jersey number. They are listing their opinion of the best players to wear a particular number, not the best athletes in order.

Ok Sorry I blew up, anytime you put Manning before Johnny U I have a problem with that. Even with jersey number. :wink:

Easportsbama said:
Johnny U called his own play at the line

I think manning calls his own plays, at least he looks like he does when he is at the line of scrimmage. That being said, i would take Johnny U also :wink:

I'm sure overhead photo's along with coach's in thier play booth's help to give him a good audible advice,via the headphones in his helment.

Johnny walked up the line looked around move the guys in place and got it done!

Every time I see Bart Starr I think that he is the epitomy of someone being better (or worse) at the next level of competetion. Bart was great in HS, didn't distinguish himself in college, but made it really big in the pros.

Johnny U

I agree with Optimus about rating Johhy U any day over Payton!!!

Johnnu U called all of his own play, was the first QB to audiblize on the line of scrimmage and inveted the 2 minute drill...he still holds the all time continuous games with a TD- that being 46...the next player to that is Bret Favre, with (pretty sure)34 or so...

RTR
Longtimetider!

Back
Top Bottom