| CURRENT EVENTS God Save The Queen

I expect they will announce she has passed around 2 PM Eastern. No idea when it actually happened though.

EDIT: I say this due to London Bridge Protocol. All anchors have been replaced with the more senior folks and they are all wearing the dark suits and ties. The whole family is coming. All BBC main channel programming has been blocked out until 6 PM GMT (2 PM Eastern). This is coordinated.

EDIT2: Off by 28 minutes. They just announced it.

Last edited:
I expect they will announce she has passed around 2 PM Eastern. No idea when it actually happened though.

EDIT: I say this due to London Bridge Protocol. All anchors have been replaced with the more senior folks and they are all wearing the dark suits and ties. The whole family is coming. All BBC main channel programming has been blocked out until 6 PM GMT (2 PM Eastern). This is coordinated.

EDIT2: Off by 28 minutes. They just announced it.

That was a really good call.

That was a really good call.
Sadly it was obvious. Once I saw Harry was headed there I knew she was close and probably already passed. Once the BBC showed up in mourning clothing and trhey blocked out until 2PM Eastern it was really obvious. They never would announce Elizabeth passing without the full ceremony. The one thing that did surprise me is Sky News reporting it about 2 minutes before BBC News.

I know the lady ruled for 70 years but do we in America really care? I dont. I am sorry that she died and feel sadness for any family that deals with death. IMO, we should not have to lower the flags for 10 days either.

They're our closest ally, rare to lower the U.S. flag for a foreign leader, but I'm okay with it. A few days after 9/11, and again on the 20th anniversary, she had the palace guard play the National Anthem during the changing of the guard, almost unprecedented.

Back
Top Bottom