| FTBL Gameday Outlook Week 10

I know it is 2 weeks away, but if Oregon loses to USC or ASU loses to Cal next week (week 9) then don't you guys think Gameday will come knocking at BDS again? The only other game on the schedule that day that matches up 2 ranked teams is Oregon/ASU who are right now both top 10 teams so you would expect if they both win, it will be a no-brainer for Gameday to go there, but if one loses, they might have a decision to make as to where to go. There is also OSU/WIS but Wisconsin is unraked right now. I figure LSU will be no lower than #3 and maybe 2 with BC playing VaTech this Thusday, and we should move up 3 to 5 spots being idle due to the losses that will occur this week, so it is not out of the realm of possiblity for GD to be there. I sure hope not though.

What do you guys think?

I'm with Randy on this one. Look at ours record while we have been on TV. ALABAMA TV RECORD BY NETWORK
Network Record (Pct.)
ABC 64-21-3 (.744)
CBS 24-34 (.414)
ESPN 27-19 (.586)
espn2 8-4 (.667)
FOX 1-0 (1.000)
FSN 1-0 (.1000)
JP/LFS 23-13 (.629)
NBC 5-6 (.455)
Raycom 3-0 (1.000)
WTBS 10-5 (.667)
Other 1-5-1 (.214)

I hate statistics that don't matter. The network we play on is immaterial, as is GameDay. Big games against the toughest competition get big coverage and occur at the times of the networks' choosing. We don't have a great record (recently) against the very toughest teams. We did well on ABC because we were tough when they had the contract. The CBS games are more recent when we haven't been as good.

We should apply the Roger Shultz doctrine to game times and TV coverage.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom