| FTBL Game Day Parking

G

I'm taking my wife (HUGE Alabama fan) to her first UA game Saturday. I haven't been to BDS since the Iron Bowl in 2000. As such, I've never had to mess with the problems that come with the new stadium. Where is a decent place to park? I can only assume everything is pay parking?

Anywho, any tips on the game day festivities that go on before the game would be great. I'd kind of like her to get a look at everything that happens and I've been out of the loop for far too long to know where I'm going.

Cheers

Parking has become a huge problem since the last trip you made to BDS. Good luck with parking as I no longer even know of a good place :?

As for festivities check out the quad pregame.

Central HS is the place to be.....

Where are you coming from? That can play huge as to getting in and out of there as well. If you are coming anywhere south of B'ham...I would strongly suggest taking 82 up out of Centerville. Easy in and out of T-town and you can dodge the bulk of the interstate traffic leaving.

Duggan27 said:
You may be able to park at University Mall and take a bus to the stadium. Im not 100% sure but i think you can, i did that last year.
I think the city of Tuscaloosa did away with the bus's to the game, isnt that right? Didn't we have a tread on that here while back?

BigAl said:
Duggan27 said:
You may be able to park at University Mall and take a bus to the stadium. Im not 100% sure but i think you can, i did that last year.
I think the city of Tuscaloosa did away with the bus's to the game, isnt that right? Didn't we have a tread on that here while back?

Yeah they did!

Duder said:
We're coming from Huntsville. From what I understand it is best to hit 20/59 in B'Ham?

Yes. Take 20/59 to Tuscaloosa, take the I359 exit in Tuscaloosa (I think it's 71 but it's the first exit past McFarland). Exit from 359 at 15th Street and in about six blocks look on the right for the Central High School. it's about a 10 minute walk to stadium, and if you follow along the right (east) side of the stadium it's another two minutes to the Quad where most pregame activities happen.

On your way out, take 15th the way you came in, go under the interstate and turn left to get back on 359. Once you reach 59, you'll notice two exit lanes for 20/59. Most folks think the left lane is for B'ham and the right is for Meridian. Actually, both lanes go the B'ham and the 20/59 south branches off. Stay in the right hand exit lane all the way over the flyover and you'll save some time.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom