| FTBL Fulmer repsonds with guest column

Calling himself an educator first isnt legit :wink:

Wonder if Big John Henderson agrees (can spell orange)

Stupid move on Fulmers part by writing this (even though he didnt really write it)

It gives the whole deal legs to be discussed for another 2 weeks rather than it just drifting away.

The fat one is clearly paranoid

Lenny Kozlowski said:

Stupid move on Fulmers part by writing this (even though he didnt really write it)

It gives the whole deal legs to be discussed for another 2 weeks rather than it just drifting away.

Where are you pulling that assertion from?

TerryP said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Where are you pulling that assertion from?

common sense (nothing concrete)

Fatty maybe should have taken his own advice

From 2007

http://govolsxtra.com/news/2007/sep/25/fulmer-tirades-usually-not-right-course/

[/i]"The game of football is a very emotional and passionate game. We establish bonds with players and coaches, much as a parent and child. We see them with their helmets off, as young people growing and learning with experience.

"However, it is important for us to know where emotion should end, and composure and good example and representation takes control.

"I enjoy some columns more than others, and if a coach should critique the columnist you may have a columnist going on a tirade as well. In either case (coach or columnist), tirades are usually not the right course to take or the correct example to the very young men we are trying to influence."

I started reading that that article(I don't know why) but after a few paragraphs it pretty much said: blah blah blah blah blah, I can't read anymore of his whimpering.

Now the AD has joined the fray...... :oops: :lol:

Dear Friends,

What a great time to be a Vol! Five of our six men's spring sports are currently ranked in the top 15.

Tremendous excitement and unprecedented publicity surrounds our #2 ranked men's basketball team - our highest ranking in school history. Tomorrow night's game versus #1 ranked Memphis is a great opportunity for Tennessee Athletics to be showcased on a national stage and I look forward to a great game.

Our indoor men's track team is currently ranked third, our swimming and diving team is number seven, golf is #10 and out tennis team is undefeated and currently #13.

The opening pitch of the Todd Raleigh baseball era takes the field this weekend at Robert M. Lindsay Field at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Game times are set for 3 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday. If you are around the Knoxville area this weekend, please come out to support Coach Raleigh and the team in his debut.

Many of you may have heard of columnist John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel writing a piece earlier this week calling for a change in leadership of our football team. Mr. Adams' column is totally misguided and inappropriate. Coach Fulmer has responded in a guest column which can be accessed at the following link - http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2008/...ucator-mentor/. John Adams does not know the Phillip Fulmer I know. The education and growth of young men is a tough business requiring tough decisions and tough love. Coach Fulmer understands that. While several off-field incidents with our football team have occurred over the last few weeks, I can assure you these situations are being looked at with a critical eye by our coaching and administrative staff as we dole out punishment, and they are taken very seriously. Discipline is to be painful and sufficient to change behavior. Sometimes we fall short of that goal, but the ultimate goal of trying to represent the University of Tennessee and to assist in the education of these young men as they become mature men has never changed. Teaching young men personal responsibility and responsibility to a team ultimately addresses these issues. An institution could not ask for a better role model in dealing with these young men than Phillip Fulmer. He is a person of integrity and high moral character. This talk of nonsense from Mr. Adams only serves as a distraction from your university's football team and its goals. I would ask for your rally of support behind Coach Fulmer and this football team as they try and bring home another National Championship for you – the greatest fans in America.

I hope you will make plans to be at the 2008 Spring Game weekend. The Spring Game is Saturday, April 19 and admission is free.

This year we have teamed up with MSL Entertainment for the Gridiron Bash. The Bash will take place on Friday, April 18, in Neyland Stadium and feature Montgomery Gentry and Taylor Swift. Tickets are on sale now for $43 at www.gridironbash.com.

Thank you for your continued support of Tennessee Athletics!

Expect to Win!

Mike Hamilton

"My first job as a coach is to be an educator and a mentor."

---Phil Fulmer

I giggled...

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- As the University of Tennessee scrambled to react to allegations of academic fraud and a potential cover-up by officials, Tennessee athletics director Doug Dickey said Monday that he was not made aware of possible NCAA rules violations involving tutors doing school work for players.

Volunteers head football coach Phil Fulmer declined comment on anything related to the allegations Monday.

"If it is anything about football, I will be glad to talk to you," Fulmer told The Associated Press and about a dozen reporters who met him after practice.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/1999/0927/81872.html

If the football's bad, Phil's an academician. If the academics are bad, he's nothing but a football guy.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom