| FTBL Former UGA QB, Aaron Murray, breaks down Jalen's performance in week one. Not a bad job here...

We had guys running open on every snap in that game. One play had the TE coming across the middle uncovered a mind Adams cutting across on a deeper route toward the sideline, maybe 30 yards out. In that play he tucked and ran due to some pressure, but our routes were great and the route running pretty dang good. Bernard didn’t have the game we hoped. But he was open a number of times. He’ll get his touches I imagine. And when Williams doesn’t get bumped/disrupted off the line, nobody will be able to cover him.

We had guys running open on every snap in that game. One play had the TE coming across the middle uncovered a mind Adams cutting across on a deeper route toward the sideline, maybe 30 yards out. In that play he tucked and ran due to some pressure, but our routes were great and the route running pretty dang good. Bernard didn’t have the game we hoped. But he was open a number of times. He’ll get his touches I imagine. And when Williams doesn’t get bumped/disrupted off the line, nobody will be able to cover him.
I think the one issue with Williams teams will figure out is that if they do bump and get into him, is if he gets free, they're behind him and they may not have the speed to catch back up. Georgia will likely test this, but I suspect they may also be looking to keep everything in front of them rather than play press-coverage all game. They're not exactly able to single Williams out either...there's a ton of great playmakers on our team and you can't always match-up apples to apples.

I think the one issue with Williams teams will figure out is that if they do bump and get into him, is if he gets free, they're behind him and they may not have the speed to catch back up. Georgia will likely test this, but I suspect they may also be looking to keep everything in front of them rather than play press-coverage all game. They're not exactly able to single Williams out either...there's a ton of great playmakers on our team and you can't always match-up apples to apples.
Use him in motion and or slot to keep separation.

Use him in motion and or slot to keep separation.
I think his point was they won't be pressing him much in the future and will be trying to keep him "in front" of them. But if that is the case, then there is all kinds of routes to run that will give them fits too... We have too many good receivers and a very good QB for any team to try and get too single minded against us. It'll be a mix of coverages and looks to try and keep us on our toes.... I'm looking forward to this years offense if our Oline gels well. I could see some great things coming down the road if so...

Back
Top Bottom