| NEWS Former Tide Standout Ronald Steele Named Principal At Alma Mater—John Carroll High School.

TUSCALOOSA, AL — Former University of Alabama basketball standout Ronald Steele has been announced as the next principal at his alma mater — John Carroll Catholic High School in Birmingham.

Steele is a 2004 graduate of John Carroll, where he won two AHSAA Class 6A state titles, and the school says he has served as its athletic director since 2017. During his time playing for the Cavaliers, Steele was named the state's "Mr. Basketball" twice for his junior and senior seasons, going on to become a second team Parade All-American selection in 2004.

"In these rapidly changing times, I am confident that our Leadership Team, led by Mr. Steele, will steward John Carroll's proud legacies and ensure that our school remains boldly Catholic, academically excellent, and rooted in truth," John Carroll President Father Jon Chalmers said.

Steele holds an undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama, where he was a guard on the men's basketball team for coach Mark Gottfried, along with a Master of Education in Administration and Supervision from Marymount University.

Man that name takes me back. Alonzo Gee Chuck Davis , Jermareo Davidson.

It’s nice having talent and really seeing a coach be able to get the guys that he sees being able to have success in his system. That has a lot of freedom but demands defense on the other end.

I feel like Mike Gottfried could get some talent but the continuity was never fully there. And the teams were exciting to watch.

Back
Top Bottom