| FTBL Football Games today

UM is playing Florida closer than I expected. I never like pulling for Florida, but I can't stand the fact that the Big 10 might have grounds to say that the SEC is overrated. RTR!

I won't mind seeing Florida drop this game, AT ALL. Michigan is a tradition rich program like ours and has all my respect. I know people get into this "one conference vs another" and "root for the SEC at all times" but I don't fall into either category.

Carr deserves to go out on a winning note.

AND, the cocky attitude that UF has had looks like it very well may have come back to bite them in the rear on this one. A team entering the field of play and immediately going to mid field to jump up and down as if they own the place...can't think of anything better than to have their collective asses handed to them in a sling.

Florida is by no means out of this game and have the ability to come back and win it. If they do, good for them. If they don't, it'll be good for them as well.

TerryP said:
I won't mind seeing Florida drop this game, AT ALL. Michigan is a tradition rich program like ours and has all my respect. I know people get into this "one conference vs another" and "root for the SEC at all times" but I don't fall into either category.

AND, the cocky attitude that UF has had looks like it very well may have come back to bite them in the rear on this one. A team entering the field of play and immediately going to mid field to jump up and down as if they own the place...can't think of anything better than to have their collective asses handed to them in a sling.

Florida is by no means out of this game and have the ability to come back and win it. If they do, good for them. If they don't, it'll be good for them as well.

I concur. Maybe Michigan has been jawing too, but every time I happen to catch a play or two of this game a Florida guy has been in a Michigan player's face. Doe even poked his finger in the eye, mouth, facemask of one of the Michigan's players after a UM TD. Florida is just a little too full of themselves for me.

I tell you I don't ever want to face Michigan in a bowl again. For whatever reason they come to play and play hard in bowl games. Florida should probably be really handing it to 'em, but obviously that isn't the case right now. I'll never forget how they give us fits in '00 and '97 bowl games (one a loss and one a win).

TerryP said:

I won't lie, I want the SEC to win as many bowls games as possible. However, the main reason I want UF to win this game is because I hate Michigan. Michigan is a tradition rich program (like ours); however, unlike ours, Michigan enjoys a favorable media bias. No one seems to question their top 5 preseason ranking they get almost every year, in spite of the fact, they usually blow up pretty quick. Likewise, no one seems to care that the only good team Michigan usually plays all year is Ohio State. Anything SEC teams can do to tarnish their media favor is a step in the right direction in my opinion. RTR!

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

I concur. Maybe Michigan has been jawing too, but every time I happen to catch a play or two of this game a Florida guy has been in a Michigan player's face. Doe even poked his finger in the eye, mouth, facemask of one of the Michigan's players after a UM TD. Florida is just a little too full of themselves for me.

I tell you I don't ever want to face Michigan in a bowl again. For whatever reason they come to play and play hard in bowl games. Florida should probably be really handing it to 'em, but obviously that isn't the case right now. I'll never forget how they give us fits in '00 and '97 bowl games (one a loss and one a win).

Given a different kicker in the '99 bowl season and I suspect you might feel a bit different. Pflugner wasn't Mr. Consistency in the least...

'97 Outback Bowl was a good game! (except knowing Stallings was on his way out.)

You are right, they do prepare well for bowl games!

TerryP said:

If this very talented Michigan team lost to OSU, things could get real hairy for LSU in the big game.

CrimsonPirate said:
TerryP said:

If this very talented Michigan team lost to OSU, things could get real hairy for LSU in the big game.

I've posted the same line of thinking here for several weeks.

I'm tired of hearing about Ohio State not being able to handle the spread offense when the game last year was clearly won by the defense Florida fielded. It was said time and time again last year Florida had a great defense...until this year and suddenly it's become a storyline about the speed on offense instead of the speed they had on defense.

Troy Smith 4 for 14. OSU had a total of @ 80 yards on offense. Less than 10 first downs.

Michigan and USC are giving a blue print on how to stop the "spread formation."

Also I think that when these "spread teams" go no huddle; offense is set on the line but the O-linemen do not have their hands down, while the QB barks a fake hike, then raises up with the rest of the team to look at the sideline for the play. I think that should be a false start or some sort of penalty. Even though Michigan and Clemson didn't bite; it just seems an unfair advantage for the offense.

TerryP said:
Given a different kicker in the '99 bowl season and I suspect you might feel a bit different.

Who knows. Being that Tom Brady was their QB I don't know that we would have won in OT vs. him regardless of our kicker. That was just the beginning of his magic.

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:
Given a different kicker in the '99 bowl season and I suspect you might feel a bit different.

Who knows. Being that Tom Brady was their QB I don't know that we would have won in OT vs. him regardless of our kicker. That was just the beginning of his magic.

Shaun, Tom, Chris Samuels...just a few big names involved in that game.

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

Shaun, Tom, Chris Samuels...just a few big names involved in that game.

Funny he has an Alabama guy helping to protecting him now too.

No Lovin for the SEC

Referee said:
I was wrong about Hawaii... They couldn't compete in the SEC.

I hate to continue to bring up the SEC conspiracy by the media butttt...... Was it just me or did the commentators for the Sugar bowl have a freakin love fest going with the warriors toward the games end? Whatever Georgia did was either classless or unnecessary. I mean dang. They beat the living crap out of the Warriors and proved that they had no place in the BCS.

Back
Top Bottom