| FTBL Football Coaching Hire

Coach Gentry played under Steele and Smart for 5 years..been a very good coach at every stop with much less talent..offered to come to Bama and teach “ big boy defense”.. and knows the Saban standard…I think he would make a super coach here..
We're not going to get nick Gentry. I don't know why people think former players should come back and coach the team?

Look at his record of coaching.. some of his squads were highly ranked.. but I guess we will never know..Hope Kirby don’t get him
Again, it wouldn't matter... the idea still stand. why would we want the former players to come back and coach with Saban or Kirby? Just because they know the defense doesn't mean they can coach the kids up. Everyone is different. Gentry has to earn his strip. He has to be able to show that he can coach. Right now he's doing good job at Jacksonville and UAB. He has been there at UAB a while If I remember correctly... so he should've been moved up by now... or get some experience as DC... similar to Tommy Rees.

Again, it wouldn't matter... the idea still stand. why would we want the former players to come back and coach with Saban or Kirby? Just because they know the defense doesn't mean they can coach the kids up. Everyone is different. Gentry has to earn his strip. He has to be able to show that he can coach. Right now he's doing good job at Jacksonville and UAB. He has been there at UAB a while If I remember correctly... so he should've been moved up by now... or get some experience as DC... similar to Tommy Rees.

Did Ha Ha earn his as a coach?

I just meant for the linebackers job..

Back
Top Bottom