| NEWS Football Coach Joe Lee Dunn’s Sudden Death at 57 Announced -usdaynews

S

SEC Sports

Sadly, the great football coach Joe Lee Dunn’s death news has been released on Tuesday, October 26, 2021. He was known for coaching from the sidelines, seldom using playsheets or headsets, and his unusual schemes as a defensive coordinator.

Unfortunately, Joe Lee Dunn’s cause of death at the age of 75 is yet to be announced, but we are waiting for more official information, so stay with us.

When he was coaching I can remember looking over the schedule for the weekend and thinking "that's a game I'll keep track of because it's a JLD defense." Man, those were fun to watch.

I hate that. He was a hell of a coach. I never met the man, but I worked with a guy that was a walk on safety at MSU back in the late 90's. I ask him about JLD, and he said he was a mean SOB and he hated him while he was playing for. Had a lot of respect for him, but just hated him while he was on the team. I knew several guys that were clinical -reps in the medical field around the Bham area. They were tackling dummies on the scout team and on the 92 Championship teams. Their assessment of Brother Oliver were the exact same as my work-mates feelings of Dunn. They respect him now as much as they hated him then.

I hate that. He was a hell of a coach. I never met the man, but I worked with a guy that was a walk on safety at MSU back in the late 90's. I ask him about JLD, and he said he was a mean SOB and he hated him while he was playing for. Had a lot of respect for him, but just hated him while he was on the team. I knew several guys that were clinical -reps in the medical field around the Bham area. They were tackling dummies on the scout team and on the 92 Championship teams. Their assessment of Brother Oliver were the exact same as my work-mates feelings of Dunn. They respect him now as much as they hated him then.
And dont leave Dubose out.... another mean one

Y'all wanna know what's really messed up here? I saw Mississippi State's official Twitter account offer condolences for Dunn's passing and it was a couple of hours later before a peep was heard from the Ole Miss camp. How'd they miss the ball that badly?

Back
Top Bottom