| FOOD First ever of my 14 years of beekeeping

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
I have 4 hives now but these 4 produced 5 different grades of honey this spring season. First time ever for me. My hives are lined up across the field behind my house and separated by about 40 feet each. I'll include a picture to show the arrangement.
IMG_6175 2.JPG

And here's the 5 grades of honey: Left to right, Extra White, White, Extra Light Amber, Light Amber, Amber. The lighter honeys are just a little sweeter.
98AA0B54-A438-4818-9DF7-E96A05D506A8_1_105_c.jpeg

Also made a bumper crop this spring. I pulled the honey the middle of June and got 26 gallons or about 312 lbs of honey. Most all of it already gone.

I have 4 hives now but these 4 produced 5 different grades of honey this spring season. First time ever for me. My hives are lined up across the field behind my house and separated by about 40 feet each. I'll include a picture to show the arrangement.
View attachment 21484

And here's the 5 grades of honey: Left to right, Extra White, White, Extra Light Amber, Light Amber, Amber. The lighter honeys are just a little sweeter.
View attachment 21485

Also made a bumper crop this spring. I pulled the honey the middle of June and got 26 gallons or about 312 lbs of honey. Most all of it already gone.
Those are gorgeous. I should be getting my honey from you. I’ve been getting Bama Boy’s Honey for $19 qt. It’s the best that I have had but I have a half qt of Appalachian wild flower honey that has some funky flavors to it.

This is awesome. Congratulations on the haul. My wife loves honey and we are never sure where to go to buy true, good, mom and pop, type honey. I'll buy some from you. I don't even know how to order though. How much per size/jar/not really sure what they come in? @Bamabww

This is awesome. Congratulations on the haul. My wife loves honey and we are never sure where to go to buy true, good, mom and pop, type honey. I'll buy some from you. I don't even know how to order though. How much per size/jar/not really sure what they come in? @Bamabww
Thank you. I'm sorry to be so late responding. I have a waiting list of steady customers and I doubt I'll have any left over for those not on the list.

I'm selling my honey for $8 per pound but most other beekeepers are getting $10 per pound. Around Birmingham they are getting $1 per ounce I've been told. At $8 per pound a pint is $11, a quart is $22.

I appreciate your interest and if you were close enough to drive by we would work something out........

Thank you. I'm sorry to be so late responding. I have a waiting list of steady customers and I doubt I'll have any left over for those not on the list.

I'm selling my honey for $8 per pound but most other beekeepers are getting $10 per pound. Around Birmingham they are getting $1 per ounce I've been told. At $8 per pound a pint is $11, a quart is $22.

I appreciate your interest and if you were close enough to drive by we would work something out........

I understand. Keep up the good work. Browsing this thread I thought you called yourselves bookkeepers, which I thought was interesting, then re-read and saw beekeepers, ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom