| FTBL FINED for Storming the Field After a Win?

G

Kentucky fined $25,000 for violating league policy
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3024685

I understand that the SAFETY of everyone on the football field is the most important thing.

BUT.......is it possible to be able to rush the field after a big win. I understand that its kinda TOUCH OF CLASS to just stay in the stands and cheer. But there is a CRAZY feeling rushing that football field.

Do you think that there should be exceptions to the
SEC policy limits on-field access to "student-athletes, coaches, officials, support personnel and properly credentialed individuals." ????

And what would have happened if We rushed the field after the win last weekend?

I think that for KU, they should be able to rush the field. Its the only time this WHOLE season they will be able to!!!! and there ranked now...that win was a BIG DEAL for them.....

I agree and disagree with the rule.

one thing you have to understand, that rule is there mainly as a safety issue. there is HUGE potential for someone to get hurt while everyone is storming the field. realistically, there is no way you can prevent it unless you build a huge fence all around the stands....and I don't see that happening. some people might balk at the rule, but one day there is going to be a good example as to why that rule is there. its only a matter of time, unfortunately.

At least Kentucky did not rush the field prematurely like they did before LSU's Bluegrass Miracle. :D

I'll never forget that sudden change of emotion in the Kentucky fan's face (the kid with the coat & tie). :lol:

You can see the kid around the 1:01 mark of this clip.

Bluegrass Miracle

Do you guys remember the game, perhaps two years ago, where one of the coaches cold-cocked a student who ran on the field in celebration?

It's a good rule, IMO.

runswithscissors said:
I agree and disagree with the rule.

one thing you have to understand, that rule is there mainly as a safety issue. there is HUGE potential for someone to get hurt while everyone is storming the field. realistically, there is no way you can prevent it unless you build a huge fence all around the stands....and I don't see that happening. some people might balk at the rule, but one day there is going to be a good example as to why that rule is there. its only a matter of time, unfortunately.

Have to admit this is a funny post about safety considering your screen name. :D Welcome aboard!!

Do you guys remember the game, perhaps two years ago, where one of the coaches cold-cocked a student who ran on the field in celebration?

Yes I do, He caught a bit of flack from it at first, but he defended himself afterwards saying you never know what these folks are capable of. He looked like Terry Tate office linebacker. He brought da pain fo sho!

I think the leagues put those rules in after those kids were injured and killed in that game in Colorado or something. Its lame, stay in the stands. Celebrate in the stands and the streets of the campus.

It should never happen at BDS. I have seen this argument before but the only time I recall it happening was after either the 79 or 80 Sugar Bowl. Someone on another board had a newspaper clipping that showed it.

While I'm completly agaisnt storming the feild, do they really think a singlefile line of people in yellow shirts will stop 93,000 people??? lol

I understand Kentucky's plight, they haven't enjoyed a big victory in quite some time. Their students got a little excited, write the 25k check and collect the 100's of thousands a big victory will bring in. But I never want to see the students rush the field at a Bama game. We need to act like we've been there before, because let's face it... we have 1000 times. Roll Tide!

Back
Top Bottom