| OT Fantasy Football: an All-Alabama team.

TerryP

Staff
This past season I've relied on some of our Alum's in my fantasy contests. This past weekend the point difference between #1 and #2 was small. I had the lead, he had 12 quarters left to my four. My ace in the hole? Najee.

I've looked each week to see how the Bama Boyz have been doing in the league and often wondered if anyone had an All-Alabama fantasy team. As it ends up? Yes. And, they actually won the season.

1673016617193.png1673016646292.png

I've never been able to get more than about 3 Bama players in any league I've played in.
This is my first season playing a Fantasy league (two) so this is only an assumption. Perhaps it's how the league is set up at its inception? If you're drafting your entire team, one player at a time, maybe it's possible on some sites? 🤷‍♂️

In the two I'm playing this season I can pick as many as four from a single team (NFL.) It doesn't look like the guy whose team I posted picked more than four from a NFL team.

This is my first season playing a Fantasy league (two) so this is only an assumption. Perhaps it's how the league is set up at its inception? If you're drafting your entire team, one player at a time, maybe it's possible on some sites? 🤷‍♂️

In the two I'm playing this season I can pick as many as four from a single team (NFL.) It doesn't look like the guy whose team I posted picked more than four from a NFL team.
I quit playing fantasy football a few years ago when I quit watching the NFL. For the first 10 or so years I played, I tried to be competitive and win the league. And, then, every season like clockwork, an injury or two would knock me out of the running. So, I then tried to draft all UA players, or SEC players, or something similar for fun. That being said, most of my leagues utilized a snake draft, and Bama players would get taken before I could grab them all. I think the best I ever managed was four or five. Of course, that was also 5+ years ago and there are a lot more choices for FFL drafts now.

I quit playing fantasy football a few years ago when I quit watching the NFL.
I find this a little funny with this being my first year and it's the first I've watched (deserves a caveat) any NFL action in quite some time.

Caveat: I've watched a game here, or there. I'd catch a few on Sundays when I was in the bar business. But then again, I can't say I really watched back then. Now it's Red Zone mostly.

I find this a little funny with this being my first year and it's the first I've watched (deserves a caveat) any NFL action in quite some time.

Caveat: I've watched a game here, or there. I'd catch a few on Sundays when I was in the bar business. But then again, I can't say I really watched back then. Now it's Red Zone mostly.
On Super Bowl Sunday, I'm always the one guy out working while everyone else on shift is in the break room watching the game. Heck, even the commercials aren't worth watching anymore.

On Super Bowl Sunday, I'm always the one guy out working while everyone else on shift is in the break room watching the game. Heck, even the commercials aren't worth watching anymore.
More than likely, a party for me. I have my ticket. However ...

That ticket gets two squares, free food, free beer, and well drinks. If it's anything like past years I won't catch much of the game.

I would like to give fantasy football a try but I do not watch pro football (dont like it) so I would be lost.
Once you quit watching, or don't watch at all, it's really difficult. I tried to hang on in a fantasy baseball league for a few years after I quit watching MLB and I was almost always in last place. If I really looked into the analytics, I could do OK, but I just don't have the time or energy to follow it any more.

Back
Top Bottom