| FTBL Fan Bases Keep Schools On Top

ACL11190

Verified Member
AU fans claim that Alabama is a program of the past but i want you to consider this. When a proven coach stays at UA for 5+ years lets see what has happened.

Gene Stallings becomes Alabama coach (keep in mind that Florida was the team of the 90s, but Alabama was a very good team all through to 90s also)

1990: 7-5 (5-2)

1991:11-1 (6-1)

1992:13-0 (8-0) (National Championship)

1993:8-2 (start of probation due to a UA player contacting an NFL agent) (UA had to forfeit 8 wins and 1 tie due to Langham being on the field) (No post Season Play Due to probation)

1994: 12-1 (Lost to Florida for a chance at SEC Championship and another NC)

1995:8-3 (had to forfeit 2 games)

1996:10-3

Stallings Era: 62-15 (62-25 with forfeits added)

Other Notes: Alabama finished 1st in the SEC West in 1991,1992,1994,1995*,1996-tie

Alabama only lost 10 SEC games in 6 years under Stallings

Every Alabama coach since bryant has had atleast one 10 win season (Mike Price excluded obviously)

--------------------------------------

Keep this in mind also:

Your facilities are only as big as the fan base. Alabamas facilities will continue to grow and grow because hell we could fill up a 150,000 stadium on gameday. In the long run fan bases are what keep a school on top, you might call our fans crazy but there are just so many that our facilities will be huge. Which will make recruits want to come to UA and why coaches want to come because there is so much potential here. This will probably piss alot of people off but i want to say what i honestly think, In 10 years Bryant Denny Stadium and Jordan Hare will be in completly different leagues. Mainly just because we will always be able to fill up our football stadium. Auburn has alot of fans but they will not be able to compete with our facilities in the long run.

Sorry if i piss some people off but just wanted to post my side of it. (sent this to a few auburn fans)

----------------------------

But if you really think about it fan bases are what keep schools on top. Alabama has so much potential because our fan base will always be top notch which will ultimately make us a power in college football.

Im not posting this to piss off AU fans, which it probably will. Its just has to make Alabama fans happy to know that we will have down years, Even Southern Cal had a decade of down years but if you really look into it, the powerhouses in college football always drop down a little every once in a while, but if you notice they always come back. Dont get me wrong though Auburn will always have a very good football team and will always compete with us every year but i just feel like we will always be a step ahead because we are the university of the state of Alabama regardless if they have won 6 straight.

Did you guys realize we lead in all of these categories?

Most Bowl Games (51)
Most Bowl Wins (29)
Most TV Appearances 207
Most 10 win seasons at 22
Total Wins 734 (5th place)
Alabama's Record for First Hundred Years
Won 703 Lost 238 Tied 44 (73.4%)

ACL11190 said:
Did you guys realize we lead in all of these categories?

Most Bowl Games (51)
Most Bowl Wins (29)
Most TV Appearances 207
Most 10 win seasons at 22
Total Wins 734 (5th place)
Alabama's Record for First Hundred Years
Won 703 Lost 238 Tied 44 (73.4%)

uhhhh, aren't you forgetting something? National Championships?

Yes, we have all that. I try to teach my kids that as well. Unfortunately until we start winning again in the present people will always say we're living in the past.

Time to prove it on the field again instead of on message boards.

Back
Top Bottom