| FTBL šŸˆ Fall camp: 2024: Special Micā€™d up Fall Camp Edition with Jeff Allen, Director of Sports Medicine. šŸ˜

What up fellas! I've been about as out of the loop as a guy can be, hope everyone is doing well.

Trying to get caught up quickly with the season approaching - Would love a Quick & Dirty version of what to expect from the new look Tide. @TerryP probably my best source here, but would love to get any other insight from everyone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but expecting this from the returners that I can keep tabs on:

-Secondary: Malachi Moore: Should be a stud. As experienced as it gets. Any CB's standing out?
-LB: Lawson/Campbell: GREAT returning LB duo. Thunder & lightening
-DL: Keenen/Payne/Oatis/Smith: Really good inside DL's
-RB: Haynes & Jam Miller: Talented, young w/ experience cats. Quick and strong. Any freshman that will break rotation?
-WR: Prentice: Proven solid player. Law/Henderson: Breakout stars? Reading about Ryan Williams tonight... Might be ready
-OL - Proctor/Roberts/Booker - Who else am I missing? How's that group looking?
-QB - Got to be Milroe, right? Has Simpson or the others pushed him?
-Looks like the place kicker is a stud... Nice to have
-OLB: Who's the stud pass rushers? Game changers?

Lastly - How different will the defensive scheme be from years past? Completely bummed CNS is at the lake, but intrigued to see what comes out of the new staff.

Appreciate any feedback! TIA & RTR.

Lastly - How different will the defensive scheme be from years past? Completely bummed CNS is at the lake, but intrigued to see what comes out of the new staff.
This is where you are going to have to take some time and read up on the 4-2-5 swarm defense. While a lot of the personnel groupings resemble what we've seen in the nickel and dime packages, the concept is different.

-OL - Proctor/Roberts/Booker - Who else am I missing? How's that group looking?
Brailsford at Center. RT is still a competition: Formby or Pritchett (in that order, IMO.)

-WR: Prentice: Proven solid player. Law/Henderson: Breakout stars? Reading about Ryan Williams tonight... Might be ready
Henderson has been showing off this fall. Germie is a starter. Adams will see a lot of time. Odom will as well.
-LB: Lawson/Campbell: GREAT returning LB duo. Thunder & lightening
Have to include Jefferson here.

Y'all see how much the office has changed? I've seen another picture somewhere...

GVIVBIeXMAAYGhY

DeBoer update after this morning's scrimmage...

Early word trickling out from today is that both Milroe and Simpson had good days (again). Ryan WIlliams and Rico Scott (had 2 TD's) made some plays at WR. A number of guys are getting a good amount of 1st team reps at receiver. Overall, defense was "sharper"... DL and LB's were playing fast and physical. DB's made some plays, CB Zabien Brown is working his way back from an injury and had a good day. Husky King Mack had a nose for the ball, which included an INT return for a TD.

Appreciate any feedback! TIA & RTR.

Had a conversation this week with someone in pro scouting about Wommack's system... he scouted 2 of Wommack's games at USA last year, and is high on him. I'll post a summary of the defense this weekend, maybe tonight if I have some time later. As for the other questions, several of those answers/discussions can be found on the previous pages in this thread if you don't mind digging through them...

Had a conversation this week with someone in pro scouting about Wommack's system... he scouted 2 of Wommack's games at USA last year, and is high on him. I'll post a summary of the defense this weekend, maybe tonight if I have some time later. As for the other questions, several of those answers/discussions can be found on the previous pages in this thread if you don't mind digging through them...
Can't wait to read it!

DeBoer update after this morning's scrimmage...

Early word trickling out from today is that both Milroe and Simpson had good days (again). Ryan WIlliams and Rico Scott (had 2 TD's) made some plays at WR. A number of guys are getting a good amount of 1st team reps at receiver. Overall, defense was "sharper"... DL and LB's were playing fast and physical. DB's made some plays, CB Zabien Brown is working his way back from an injury and had a good day. Husky King Mack had a nose for the ball, which included an INT return for a TD.

What you are not hearing? Running backs...bit of run stuffing today with the aggressive front as we've discussed. I understand Adams is beginning to get some "confidence."

What you are not hearing? Running backs...bit of run stuffing today with the aggressive front as we've discussed. I understand Adams is beginning to get some "confidence."

Yep... running game is also a bit behind the 8 ball some on their end of things... Roberts was held out today on the line... and so far through camp, of the top 5 RB's only Hayes has stayed out of the black jersey. But from all indications, the defense is getting honed in and playing faster. Up the middle, it's gonna be tough rowing for opposing offenses.

Back
Top Bottom