| FTBL šŸˆ Fall camp: 2024: Special Micā€™d up Fall Camp Edition with Jeff Allen, Director of Sports Medicine. šŸ˜

In particular, Iā€™m thinking of screens on the perimeter vs DBs. He reminds me a bit of Debo Samuel, the former S. Car APB: a challenge for secondaries to tackle, too shifty and quick for LBs, and interchangeable at either RB or WR.
From what I've seen the DB's won't be in the picture unless they dump their guy playing safeties over the top. It's designed to hit LB's.

IF they abandon the verticals, it's going to leave man coverage with a WR on a safety with half of the field to play with.

I'm not surprised. A lot of people aren't familiar with him.

The last I saw he was getting fifty thousand plus for appearances.
I had other thoughts but decided to refrain from saying them :). I will just say I agree with you that opposing fanbases will have fun taking shots at this.

He's not wrong. If you watch film we're gonna resemble what Georgia does with their linebackers. Lot of the same concepts, and principles in this group. I'm excited to see how they perform this season.

One thing you can say is that Georgia's linebackers can run for sure. Be happy to see ours run more as well. Lawson looked good in the SEC Championship game, so look forward to seeing more of that.

He's not wrong. If you watch film we're gonna resemble what Georgia does with their linebackers. Lot of the same concepts, and principles in this group. I'm excited to see how they perform this season.

If the defensive line play is different from one program to the other, how do you make a comparison with the linebackers? Everything changes in my view.

If the defensive line play is different from one program to the other, how do you make a comparison with the linebackers? Everything changes in my view.
Run fits, taking on blocks, blitz concepts, coverage techniques.... we're gonna be doing a lot of the same stuff as Georgia has. And just because the D-line may play differently doesn't mean the linebackers have to. It's all about what you want to accomplish within the scheme. You can have your lineman shoot their gaps in run plays, while having the linebackers scraping over top. Some teams choose both of them to shoot gaps, but I wouldn't recommend that. Our lineman will still have the ability to eat up blocks and allow our linebackers to have space.

Boss man, whenever I have the time..... I will show that this is not the case.
It'll be around game four when we can look at what they are doing.

I'm going off of what I'm told.

As example. Let's go back to what I mentioned about the DL. One is clogging, the other is getting upfield. That effects what the linebackers do in every situation. The "Bandit" concept separates the two.

We'll see. My gut tells me comparing a 34 guy to a 42 guy doesn't end up being equal.

As example. Let's go back to what I mentioned about the DL. One is clogging, the other is getting upfield. That effects what the linebackers do in every situation. The "Bandit" concept separates the two.
No matter the scheme, a good defensive line eats up blocks. See Clemson for example, we're more similar to them now as opposed to the two-gap scheme. They were all about plugging their gap and getting upfield.... and they created more than space than any defensive line I can remember. Except for a few Bama teams, and 2021 Georgia. Wilkins and Lawrence were the best at doing this, and I hope our guys perform to that level.

No matter the scheme, a good defensive line eats up blocks. See Clemson for example, we're more similar to them now as opposed to the two-gap scheme. They were all about plugging their gap and getting upfield.... and they created more than space than any defensive line I can remember. Except for a few Bama teams, and 2021 Georgia. Wilkins and Lawrence were the best at doing this, and I hope our guys perform to that level.
Clemson, on the DL, a few years ago, is a better example than UGA.

UofSC employed a version of a 42...I can't remember the year off the top of my head.

In my opinion, you are looking at the end result and drawing comparisons. Not how "the sausage was made."

Clemson, on the DL, a few years ago, is a better example than UGA.

UofSC employed a version of a 42...I can't remember the year off the top of my head.

In my opinion, you are looking at the end result and drawing comparisons. Not how "the sausage was made."
I'm using it to gauge what we may do under Wommack in the ILB room. We mirror more to what Georgia does at the position, then let's say..... 2018 Clemson, since we're using them as an example on the d-line.

I'm using it to gauge what we may do under Wommack in the ILB room. We mirror more to what Georgia does at the position, then let's say..... 2018 Clemson, since we're using them as an example on the d-line.
My point is if the interior pressure is different, everything changes. Clemson doesn't/didn't throw out that Bandit.

I think I get what you see. Probably better figured out over a beer and a sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom