| FTBL ESPN: "The weak schedule of Alabama in 2019." ESPN's FPI: "Bama to play six of their top 18, seven if you include UGA, and eight if

And you could use a few more factoids in your argument, beyond saying you're wrong.
I'm saying you're wrong as well. And the facts I've presented to you are statements coming directly from athletic directors, coaches, players, and staff members around the complex.

It's either you're right or all of these people—people whose job is to make these schedules—who are stating differently are lying.

So, I'm left looking at this. One, you don't have any experience making schedules. Two, you don't have any experience working around the people making these schedules. And last but not least, despite these two facts you are still, basically, saying they are not telling the truth.

What are we left with here? In my view, exactly what's been ascribed to your position. You've spent a lot of time stating something in which you have no experience or knowledge other than what you've led yourself to believe.

These are the facts, yes?

I'm saying you're wrong as well. And the facts I've presented to you are statements coming directly from athletic directors, coaches, players, and staff members around the complex.

It's either you're right or all of these people—people whose job is to make these schedules—who are stating differently are lying.

So, I'm left looking at this. One, you don't have any experience making schedules. Two, you don't have any experience working around the people making these schedules. And last but not least, despite these two facts you are still, basically, saying they are not telling the truth.

What are we left with here? In my view, exactly what's been ascribed to your position. You've spent a lot of time stating something in which you have no experience or knowledge other than what you've led yourself to believe.

These are the facts, yes?

Prove it.

Actually what I'm doing is going into my laboratory and I start working on my homebrew. You take a pot of anecdotal info, kind of like the stuff I'm replying to from you right now and stir hard to extrapolate what degrees of purity is in your latest ingredients. So you take 50% of what you hear (or read as the case may be) and 100% what you actually see as a result with your own vision and try to figure out the disconnect.

Conclusion: More company talk. If Saban and company say it, it's a pretty fair guess you'll be along to parrot the same rhetoric through these different threads. Abstract thinking. Give it a go sometime.

But as far as conclusions go and how people eventually keep stumbling over contradictions and half trues, they are always there to be seen. If you care to look.

Mostly because of silly word games. Over and over we go, most of us know the sermons now by rote. A few years ago coach Saban came out with his familiar retort, gee nobody what's to play us. Or the perfunctory we don't want to play FCS teams, we have to "buy games" to fill out our schedule.

First, foremost, and forever, one fact has to be embraced if any of this stuff is going to eventually register on the honest meter, Alabama wants what Alabama wants. Our annual schedule doesn't change as a rule. We want our big OOC marquee game. We want our bye week before LSU, we want all midtier teams to come to BDS, and we want an FCS team right in front of the Barner game. We don't need no directional school on the 4th or 8th week of the schedule, we will have you on the 12th week or not at all. Are we getting even a little hint when we run across barriers in our schedule making?

So, within what we want, is this running description of how hard it is for other college teams to give us exactly that. No more, no less.

Back just a few years when home and home was still a 4 letter word we constantly got this silly argument as if it was really someone else's fault. So when coach Saban says he has trouble scheduling power 5 teams, what he really means is we have trouble scheduling power 5 teams for our neutral site game. When Alabama "canceled" the home and home with Michigan State, coach Saban left the room telling reporters "they just weren't interested in a neutral site game. No kidding, that's why they had a deal to play us in a home and home. But coach, weren't they up for that?

Making it even more strange was the personal investment coach Saban had in that particular series with MSU. You know he wanted to walk Alabama into Spartan Stadium. But listen to what he said after Bama canceled that series:

"So, even though emotionally, in my heart and for all the good relationships and friends we have at Michigan State," said Saban, the Spartans' head coach from 1995-99. "We'd love to play that series, it just probably doesn't make much business sense to hang on to it right now relative to some of the other options and question marks that we have relative to the future."

Now, how large is the disconnect between power 5 teams that don't want to play us and "it doesn't make much business sense" to play these guys? Maybe the Grand Canyon coach.

So when coach Saban and Alabama said FBS teams don't want to play Alabama or you just don't know how hard it is to get a schedule together with power 5 teams, he didn't mean all the teams with their hands up like Wisconsin, MSU, or the teams who recently signed up for a H and H. He meant all those teams in the past who will give us the one game that is solely on our terms.

That's politics, that's Alabama rhetoric at it's best. Now, isn't that correct company man?

Prove you're wrong? When those who actually are doing the job themselves have stated your assertions are wrong?

The stance you're taking, literally, is woefully wrong. The fact you've seen, heard, and read statements that contradict what you're asserting also demonstrates your willingness to ignore what's the truth. It makes your statements absurd and your stance one of willingful ignorance.

Prove you're wrong? When those who actually are doing the job themselves have stated your assertions are wrong?

The stance you're taking, literally, is woefully wrong. The fact you've seen, heard, and read statements that contradict what you're asserting also demonstrates your willingness to ignore what's the truth. It makes your statements absurd and your stance one of willingful ignorance.

Its dogmatic stuff like that makes me think you could well be overqualified to teach a class on evolution.

Back
Top Bottom