| NEWS Elite 11 camp: Tua and Jalen in leadership roles with Tyson and Taulia competing (video)

Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts and Auburn's Jarrett Stidham were there, too
Josh Bean | jbean@al.com
Watch Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa fire passes at Elite 11 as future Bama, Auburn QBs compete
That first vid of Tua throwing is impressive.

A tight, accurate, ~20 yd pass on a rope with him using little more than a half step forward with his lead foot.

Comparatively, Jalens highlight is a 10 yd out that was a bit behind and dropped. I feel like the reporter probably could have found a better vid to include.

It means exactly what I said in the Matich thread...
I'm not sold on Trevor Matich as an ESPN analyst.

The open mic during A Day was nothing...

He was caught with a hot mic a few times over the years. Even with AJ.

If anything, the halftime yank in the NCG could've just been the fire under Jalen's ass that he needed. I firmly believe Jalen may end up holding the starting Job.

Tua IS talented though. And a 2 QB system IS possible. Spurrier did it in the 90s. And Wisconsin has done it recently. 2 QBs talented enough to start? Why NOT use them both?

And, 2 QBs on the field at the same time is always a possibility as a wrinkle. ULM is a college team that did it a couple years back.

And then there's this:

Routes on air!! Whoopty damn doo!! I could have gone out there at 47 and made near as many of throws that both Jalen and Tua made. Where the cream rises to the top is in reading a defense and following the progressions.
Seriously, Coach Stallings saw me throwing “pat n go’s” before his first Spring game. He told me that I threw “one helluva nice ball” and asked “where in the Hell have you been all Spring?” I told him that I had been with different position coaches helping them get better and I thanked him for the compliment. I told him my biggest problem would be that “I didn’t know a single damn play in the playbook because of my being shuffled to the different groups!” I was dead serious too!!

Back
Top Bottom