| FTBL EDSBS Guy Does it Again

alagator

Verified Member
Orson Swindall, the blogger at EveryDayShouldBeSaturday is doing entries on the remaining undefeated teams (what got them that way, what will keep them that way, how to possibly make them not that way).

His Alabama piece is up now, and he concludes with the following...

Suggested adjustment to counter innate team weakness: From an actual strategic point of view, test the middle of the defense now that Terrence Cody is out for at least a few weeks. Other than that, we’re clueless besides “Um, hey, how about…um…scoring?” Alabama isn’t pretty because they squat on the ball most of the time, pound the run, knock the hide off anyone who touches the ball, and aren’t afraid to punt.

Aside from “out-executing” them, there’s little to do but hunker down with ‘em and go. (And don’t kick to Javier Arenas, unless you like running 60 yard mass sprints in the middle of the game unnecessarily.)

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/

The stuff before is pretty good too.

WARNING: Sometimes the language can be a bit salty.

One thing I'm really looking forward to this weekend is hearing the ESPN guys talk about Cody being gone at the first of the game...and then see what, if anything, they have to say when the 2nd half works its way around.

One thing I find very interesting, that hasn't been pointed out, is the guy we have backing up Chapman this weekend just happens to be the same guy we had starting when we faced UT last year.

OH, but that's something that would be substantial to enter in a conversation...what am I thinking? No way that gets brought up by a sportscaster.

TerryP said:
One thing I'm really looking forward to this weekend is hearing the ESPN guys talk about Cody being gone at the first of the game...and then see what, if anything, they have to say when the 2nd half works its way around.

One thing I find very interesting, that hasn't been pointed out, is the guy we have backing up Chapman this weekend just happens to be the same guy we had starting when we faced UT last year.

OH, but that's something that would be substantial to enter in a conversation...what am I thinking? No way that gets brought up by a sportscaster.

YEP TP what the hell man! You know ESPN will do a workover on how TEBOW is just the best player of all time. Jesus think man! :D

Back
Top Bottom