| PRO Dwayne Haskins Hit by Vehicle Killed…24 Years Old.

PurlJam

Sad story, haven’t seen or heard the details. Saw it on the scroll on SEC network. Says he died after being struck by a vehicle in South Florida. He was down there training with other Steeler teammates.

Terribly sad event. Awful news. I saw an article from down there that says his car ran out of gas on his way to the airport. He pulled to the side and got out to cross the interstate and got hit. 6:30am, maybe it was still dark?

My brother lost a good friend years ago on 459 between Trussville and Irondale trying to help a friend broke down on the other side of the freeway around 2a.. Crossed the road and didn't make it. Something I never understood.

Which brings me to my point. How does someone get hit by a dump truck on the freeway at 6:30a?

Last edited:
He was out walking along the road during the early morning hours. Sunrise and sunset are the two most dangerous times of the day to be out on the road as a walker or biker. I hated hearing this on all the TV stations up here. May his family and friends find comfort and peace during these difficult days.

Back
Top Bottom