| FTBL DODGED that bullet!!!

G

Rich Rodriguez!!!!

THANK GOD HE SAID NO!!!
IMAGINE HOW CRAZY EVEN MORE THAT STORY WOULD HAVE BEEN IF HE WOULD HAVE COME TO ALABAMA!!!!

While I agree that I'm glad he didn't come and he seems to be a little off, but the contract issues that are in dispute were things that were added after he decided to stay at WVU. So I doubt that the court stuff going on now in court probably wouldn't be happening.

I'm greatly relieved he didn't come to Alabama. I thank God everyday he turned us down. The good lord was looking after us that day.

I am the only one that thinks he lied to the West Virginia fans when he said he would stay last year, sign a huge contract, and then leaves this year? I mean that was the big grief ESPN gave CNS ('lied to the media').

Bama Bo said:
While I agree that I'm glad he didn't come and he seems to be a little off, but the contract issues that are in dispute were things that were added after he decided to stay at WVU. So I doubt that the court stuff going on now in court probably wouldn't be happening.

Yeah that's true, but I'm glad his wife isn't here either. :lol:

ghice said:
I am the only one that thinks he lied to the West Virginia fans when he said he would stay last year, sign a huge contract, and then leaves this year? I mean that was the big grief ESPN gave CNS ('lied to the media').

Didn't the media give him a little grief about it?
No, I think they said something about him moving on to bigger things, an oportunity ,yea that's what it was. :roll:

The damage to what was, at the time, an already fragile reputation of the University of Alabama would have been shattered into a thousand pieces if DickRod had made his way here.

I don't like the fact that we had, and somewhat still have, a fragile reputation. I feel it was fabricated with falsehoods and intentional malice by the dreaded "national media outlets". That is another story though, one that I could fill reams of paper with.

When Coach Saban came the talking heads and the comb their hair for 2 hours a day, makeup wearing, pedicured and manicured, ESPN girls had a field day with our team and our new coach.

I still remember the Sugar Bowl that year being overshadowed by Coach Saban's hiring. I had already listened to hours of "reports" on the hiring of Coach Saban and wanted to hear about the LSU/Notre Dame game a little bit.

If you remember, Coach Saban was hired on the same day of the Sugar Bowl, at the end of the '06 season, on Jan, 3rd, '07.

There was a total blackout of the game, I couldn't even find out what channel it was on, no one was talking about it. They were too busy, on ESPN, organizing round table discussions to talk about how they didn't think it was acceptable for Coach Saban to come to Alabama.

In the weeks and months that followed, it only got worse.

Luckily, some of that has now passed and 'Bama is back to just playing ball again and not having their reputation and fans and state ripped asunder by malicious reporters, sports talk show hosts, etc...

If Dick Rod had made his way to 'Bama, we may not have had to weather the initial firestorm that we did with Coach Saban, but we would all still be enduring the inexorable doom of the clown show that is DickRod and company.

It would have been much more damaging for the whole program to have hired DickRod, not only that, he is only half the coach that Coach Saban is.

'Bama wins on all fronts.

While i'm very, very, very, very happy that we got Saban over RR, I really think that RR is one of the best coaches in college.

I still think we ended up with the best coach in college though. Cheers to that!

Aftermath said:
While i'm very, very, very, very happy that we got Saban over RR, I really think that RR is one of the best coaches in college.

I still think we ended up with the best coach in college though. Cheers to that!

If you have noticed there have a few players from WVU that have had their troubles with "character issues" the last few months. I mention that, not to poke fun, but it brings up a question in my mind.

I wonder, if he recruits the same type of players (character wise) at Michigan and they begin to cross those proverbial lines how will the Wolverine faithful respond? I'd bet, if it does indeed come true, that one will see threads and comments coming from Michigan fans that are along the lines of, "This type of thing didn't happen under Carr."

Aftermath said:

While he does have an overall impressive record at 60-26, I nor anyone else knows how that record will pan out playing in a somewhat tougher conference. The Big Televen is somewhat more competitive than the Big East, so we will see how he fares.

Frankly, I do not believe 'Bama would have ever offered him a job if we had not found ourselves in dire straits and looking for anyone halfway decent to take over.

It seems his true colors are now revealing themselves. I have nothing against this person one way or the other, I am just going by what I read.

I read that he is whimpering and crying because he thinks that he, of all coaches, should be allowed to skip out on his contract.

I don't know why he imagines himself to be better than every other coach in college football, why he should be afforded special treatment. He seems to be confused.

An honest man, a man with integrity, would have already taken care of business and did whatever was necessary to resolve the lingering issue that revolves around DickRod now.

His name is on the contract. Pay up and shut up and be done with it is what he should do. His fingers put his name on the piece of paper. He needs to quit trying to cheat and lie and steal his way out of what is required of him.

I, as a 'Bama fan, am very thankful to not have to wake up each morning looking for headlines on which new way our coach has tried to slimeball his way out of fulfilling an obligation.

Not to mention that an ongoing saga like this would be more devastating to Alabama than it would be to just about any other team. Our team, school, and state, would have been absolutely crucified over this by the smarmy, better than thou media.

Back
Top Bottom