| FTBL Disappointed in D.J. Hall's lack of drive

Referee

Verified Member
The commentators lambasted D.J. for a few plays where he appears to be dawging it... I concur! If he's lost the spark sit him down. Just my take upon further review.

Referee said:
The commentators lambasted D.J. for a few plays where he appears to be dawging it... I concur! If he's lost the spark sit him down. Just my take upon further review.

I thought the commentators were spot on when he didn't go down and fight for that low pass, but I thought I saw DB's breaking across the field for the pass before DJ pulled up, so perhaps the second comment wasn't warranted. Following their commentary, he came up big and make two huge catches to keep us in the game.

First off what a catch in the endzone. He can be so good sometimes it is scary. The problem is when he knows the play is not going to him he doesn't sell it. I blame this on old coaching.(Old habits are hard to break)

If it is a run play he should run his route as if it were coming to him. I seen him several times just trotting along and not selling it. When you do thiat the corners and safeties all come up and it spells disaster for your running game.

In the UArk game he wasn't doing the "it's not coming to me so I'm just gonna trot around". UArk was concentrating on him is why Caddell was so open on that winning drive.

I agree, DJ needs to sell it every play. The way opposing defenses concentrate on him, he should be playing every down as if the ball is coming his way. The kid is very talented though. Like the announcers said about that catch in the end zone, looks like he got both feet in just to show the NFL scouts that the catch would have been good in the NFL too! :D

Back
Top Bottom