| FTBL DI Council adopts rules allowing schools to assist student-athletes w/ NIL opportunities, if those student-athletes disclose NIL activities valuing...

Bama has a program called 'Yea Alabama' directed at NIL. One of the sources of revenue is derived from Tide on Tour. I attended the ToT event in Orange Beach yesterday (4/27). Met and talked with DeBoer, Oats, Jalen Milroe, Malachi Moore, Ryan Williams, and Chris Stewart. There was a silent auction with the big item being a basketball autographed by Oats and the team. Minimum starting bid was $500 with a minimum increase of $100. Last bid that I observed, and probably the winning bid, was $2500.

BTW, all three players are outstanding young men. Ryan was there early from Saraland before the others arrived from Tuscaloosa so I was able to have a longer chat with him. Super young man!

Last edited:
Bama has a program called 'Yea Alabama' directed at NIL. One of the sources of revenue is derived from Tide on Tour. I attended the ToT event in Orange Beach yesterday (4/27). Met and talked with DeBoer, Oats, Jalen Milroe, Malachi Moore, Ryan Williams, and Chris Stewart. There was a silent auction with the big item being a basketball autographed by Oats and the team. Minimum starting bid was $500 with a minimum increase of $100. Last bid that I observed, and probably the winning bid, was $2500.

Little over a week ago there was an auction here in Tuscaloosa at the RISE Foundation Golf Tournament. Saban was always a participant in the tournament every single year, plus did the usual stuff like signing things for the annual auction. This year, because a previous engagement he was committed to got moved, he had to miss the RISE function. He felt bad about it and told the organizers to auction off the opportunity to have lunch with him in his new office. It was by far the most bid on item, and closed just under $5000.

BTW, all three players are outstanding young men. Ryan was there early from Saraland before the others arrived from Tuscaloosa so I was able to have a longer chat with him. Super young man!

I thought about going to one of the three myself, but couldn't make my schedule work. Sounded like it would be a great event set up by Yea Alabama. I wanted totske my son so he could meet the coaches. Ryan Williams sure sounds like a great kid after our interaction at the scrimmage and also hearing your account. Roll Tide.

Back
Top Bottom