| CURRENT EVENTS DeSantis Sends Illegals to Martha’s Vinyard

Ironically, we have a former Bush staffer, Nicolle Wallace, suggesting we need foreign countries to monitor our elections.
It is of my opinion and increasing others that the "Right" and "Left" in every Western and West-aligned country work in tandem, particularly at the national level, towards a common international or globalist agenda. You have the former CIA director and "moderate" George HW advocating for a New World Order under the UN, his son fell for an American World Order under the Neocons in his administration. If you're old enough to remember the talking points of W's opponent Al Gore, Gore would have also pushed for greater global governance but in the cause of climate alarmism. Fast forward to the "crisis" of today, you have a Democratic administration also following the UN lead in the cause of health/vaccine policy which has pivoted toward climate change. They are trying to fuse concerns for pandemics and carbon emissions with total surveillance methods called social credit and central bank digital currencies (CBDCs).

The point being, both Right and Left exploit whatever the "crisis" is at the moment to suck more sovereignty away from local, state and national governments and move it upwards to the next governing tier with more and more power ultimately being exercised by international and global authorities. There are some amazing quotes which come to mind from the very quotable G.K. Chesterton:

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.

A horrible suspicion that has sometimes haunted me is that the Conservative and the Progressive are secretly in partnership. That the quarrel they keep up in public is a put-up job, and that the way they perpetually play into each other's hands is not an everlasting coincidence.

I have had someone unironically argue that since the US is so powerful and so involved in world affairs that it is only right that the whole world get to decide on our leaders.
This is the candid rationale for all foreign lobbies. In fact, any beneficiary of government loot or regulation, foreign or domestic, will lobby to preserve, if not enlarge, the benefit.

aipac.jpg

Washington's farewell address holds up amazing well. Consider this excerpt:
As avenues to foreign influence in innumerable ways, such attachments are particularly alarming to the truly enlightened and independent patriot. How many opportunities do they afford to tamper with domestic factions, to practice the arts of seduction, to mislead public opinion, to influence or awe the public councils. Such an attachment of a small or weak towards a great and powerful nation dooms the former to be the satellite of the latter.

Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow-citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government. But that jealousy to be useful must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defense against it. Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests.

The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop.

Last edited:
Also the prescience of one of John Quincy Adams's speeches comes to mind here:

She (i.e. America) well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom.

The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force....

She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit....

Back
Top Bottom