DeckOver

Why dont you pressure wash it?
The main reason I want to use it, and I talking about the smooth finish not the textured one, is because the decking currently has a very dark brown solid stain weatherproof stain on it. I hate the color, and this seems to be the best option to change the color.

The textured stuff looks like a mildew nightmare. Once you paint it you will be stuck painting it from now on. You could have some mexicans pull the old wood up and flip it over. It will look new on the bottom.

The textured stuff looks like a mildew nightmare. Once you paint it you will be stuck painting it from now on. You could have some mexicans pull the old wood up and flip it over. It will look new on the bottom.
The wood itself isn't in bad shape, it's mainly the color I hate. And based on what's on it now, I know this deckover will work. But not sure how well actual paint will.

Will the olympic deck wash take off the stain? I know it will take off that thompsons honey brown (?). Being that dark of a stain, i would probably doubt it. Would be a cheaper option though.

pull it up and flip it over. Two amigos could probably do it in a day.
Man, I've wrapped my existing posts in cedar, and greatly increased their size. So much of that decking now runs up under the cedar. I don't think I'd be able to get all these boards up.

The thick Deckover is supposed to fill all of the cracks and leave smooth surfaces. Have been wanting to try it, especially on the 15 steps and balcony, but wife is concerned about the cost.

We're negotiating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thick Deckover is supposed to fill all of the cracks and leave smooth surfaces. Have been wanting to try it, especially on the 15 steps and balcony, but wife is concerned about the cost.

We're negotiating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell her you'll let her do all the painting and you'll pay for the cost. Even split.

Man, I've wrapped my existing posts in cedar, and greatly increased their size. So much of that decking now runs up under the cedar. I don't think I'd be able to get all these boards up.

gotcha. How long has that deckover stuff been around? It may work fine, but im skeptical of anything like that on wood. Especially with the humidity and seasonal temperature differences around here. It seems like the high traffic areas would wear sooner and painting on top of it later may not work well if the bottom layer starts flaking off.

4536bf13742977c2534709fafa6b9794.jpg

Back
Top Bottom