| FTBL David Cutcliff

G

I know that a lot of people do not like him, but I am beginning to believe that the man can coach.

Ole Miss was foolish to run him off...he won more games in 5 years than any coach in their history.

The difference in UT with and without hi is startling.

He has Duke at 3-1. I know that the 31-3 drubbing they handed out today was against a crappy Virginia team, but Duke had lost 25 straight ACC games.

BAMAFSTBACK said:
He keeps it up and he will be coach of the year and UT's head coach next season! :D

I don't want him back in the SEC.

Ole Miss beat us twice while he was there, representing over 20% of their wins over us. Tubbs never beat us there...Cut did.

Big_Fan said:
I know that a lot of people do not like him, but I am beginning to believe that the man can coach.

Ole Miss was foolish to run him off...he won more games in 5 years than any coach in their history.

He has Duke at 3-1. I know that the 31-3 drubbing they handed out today was against a crappy Virginia team, but Duke had lost 25 straight ACC games.

It might be the new "retro-look" jerseys that Duke is sporting this season, very similar to the Baltimore Colts with the double stripes on each shoulder. :wink:

Yep, I concur. Cutt has never gotten the props he deserves.

Talked to my son last night and he says the team has totally bought into Cutcliff; now if they can only get the fans to start filling Wallace Wade.

bear facts said:
Big_Fan said:

It might be the new "retro-look" jerseys that Duke is sporting this season, very similar to the Baltimore Colts with the double stripes on each shoulder. :wink:

Talked to my son last night and he says the team has totally bought into Cutcliff; now if they can only get the fans to start filling Wallace Wade.

Your son go to Duke?

Imagine one day:
Duke Basketball and Football won NC in their sports!!!
With Wallace Wade And Cam. Indoor as the Hardest places to play....

That will be the year!!

the_rolltide said:
bear facts said:
Big_Fan said:

Your son go to Duke?

Imagine one day:

That will be the year!!

Yep, he's a sophomore there. Btw, last year he converted some of the dorm residents into Bama fans. They now get together to watch the Bama games. Says the biggest convert is a hockey fan from Canada--never misses watching the Tide play.

He also says many of the "yankee" students from the Northeast have no allegiance whatsoever to a college football team or have not followed one growing up. Most live for Sundays and the NFL.

bear facts said:
He also says many of the "yankee" students from the Northeast have no allegiance whatsoever to a college football team or have not followed one growing up. Most live for Sundays and the NFL.

That's the big difference from the nort and the south. I couldn't live without college football, they actually love the NFL. :roll:

bear facts said:
the_rolltide said:
bear facts said:
Big_Fan said:

Your son go to Duke?

Imagine one day:

That will be the year!!

Yep, he's a sophomore there. Btw, last year he converted some of the dorm residents into Bama fans. They now get together to watch the Bama games. Says the biggest convert is a hockey fan from Canada--never misses watching the Tide play.

I got a full ride to go there! I was at DUKE alot! I love that school. He is staying on Campus?
I got injureid though!! and couldnt play anymore!
So i went to Virginia Tech. But thats cool that he is converting the guys there!

the_rolltide said:
bear facts said:
the_rolltide said:
bear facts said:
Big_Fan said:

Your son go to Duke?

Imagine one day:

That will be the year!!

I got a full ride to go there! I was at DUKE alot! I love that school. He is staying on Campus?
I got injureid though!! and couldnt play anymore!
So i went to Virginia Tech. But thats cool that he is converting the guys there!

Yes, coed dorms and all.

Was that an athletic schollie and if so, what sport? You're not a lacrosse player, are you?

bear facts said:
Yes, coed dorms and all.

Was that an athletic schollie and if so, what sport? You're not a lacrosse player, are you?

Yeah, Right Forward. I could get into any ACC school i wanted but broke both of my ankles my senior year and tore my acl my jenior year in HS. So VT gave me one but i couldnt keep up pratice even! I so moved and got a job out in CALI.

I did play Lacrosse, travel teams thouhg. And i knew two of the three LAX players. Thats kinda of a touchy subject. They really handled that wrong. Duke, Reilgh GOV't. even UNC. Its just all jacked up!

Thats why i hope that Duke Football is good. I want to see them really excel.

the_rolltide said:
bear facts said:
Yes, coed dorms and all.

Yeah, Right Forward. I could get into any ACC school i wanted but broke both of my ankles my senior year and tore my acl my jenior year in HS. So VT gave me one but i couldnt keep up pratice even! I so moved and got a job out in CALI.

I did play Lacrosse, travel teams thouhg. And i knew two of the three LAX players. Thats kinda of a touchy subject. They really handled that wrong. Duke, Reilgh GOV't. even UNC. Its just all jacked up!

Thats why i hope that Duke Football is good. I want to see them really excel.

Sorry to hear about your injuries and wish you the best in Cali.

Yep, I have a greater appreciation for LAX now, especially after playing a little catch and toss with a LAX stick for the first time.

Plan to head up to Durham in the spring and catch a LAX match.

Btw, I've gone to a few basketball games in Cameron Indoor. My most memorable one was watching UNC's '82 team with Perkins, Worthy, Jordan and Daugherty.

Any else notice how "coach-like" Peyton Manning looked on the Tennessee sideline today? Maybe Phil should have handed over the headset to him and see what he could do with that sorry excuse for an offense.

reger60 said:
Any else notice how "coach-like" Peyton Manning looked on the Tennessee sideline today? Maybe Phil should have handed over the headset to him and see what he could do with that sorry excuse for an offense.

Man Jeff, I didn't watch the game but did catch that sideline interview and was thinking the same thing. Peyton was very poised and even sounded coach-like with his answers.

Back
Top Bottom