| CURRENT EVENTS Dadeville mass shooting: Mystery surrounds suspects after 4 killed at birthday party

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Dadeville mass shooting: Mystery surrounds suspects after 4 killed at birthday party

Authorities have been tightlipped about Saturday night’s shooting in Dadeville, where at least four people were killed and as many as 20 were injured.

In fact, as of 3 p.m., authorities with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency have only given the number of fatalities.

There was no mention at a 10 a.m. press conference in Dadeville about arrests or suspects in the case.

Senior Trooper Jeremy Burkett said anyone with tips is asked to call 1-800-392-8011 or email the crime tipline at sbi.investigations@alea.gov. Officials did not take questions during the press conference.

An AL.com reporter, who asked at the Dadeville jail if anyone had been arrested in connection with the shooting, was told no.

Dadeville Mayor Jimmy Frank Goodman Sr. was outside the courthouse earlier today, which is a block from where the shooting occurred.

Goodman has been mayor since 2020 and said he has lived in the city for 53 years.

He was asked the level of concern in the community since police have not said if anyone is in custody.

”The community probably wants to make sure there’s no one around here that’s going to keep doing this,” Goodman said.

“They want to find out whether it was someone from another town or someone who was passing through. Their minds want to be settled that it wasn’t someone from here, or even from the next town.”

Goodman was asked what it will take for Dadeville to recover.

A sad day!

”It’s going to take prayer,” the mayor said.

“It’s going to take Dadeville coming together as one and helping one another out. We do that, and we keep God first then I’m sure God will bring us through it.”

The shooting occurred at approximately 10:34 p.m. near the 200 Block of Broadnax Street in Dadeville.at Mahogany’s Masterpiece dance studio, a converted bank building.

Authorities confirmed the shooting began at a 16th birthday party.

Investigators were still at the scene more than 12 hours after the shooting.

Community leaders and athletic officials have said one of the fatalities was Philstavious “Phil” Dowdell, a Dadeville football player who had recently committed to Jacksonville State University to play wide receiver. The birthday party was for Dowdell’s sister, Alexis.

Been down that street a ton of times... very small area where the shooting happened, and is a stone's throw from the courthouse, police station, fire dept, etc. Bad news is, not exactly a lot of great options nearby for trauma victims. It is sad that society has fallen to this level though... not just the shooting itself, but what I'm sure is an uphill battle by authorities to get much helpful info from the witnesses and victims in the aftermath.

Been down that street a ton of times... very small area where the shooting happened, and is a stone's throw from the courthouse, police station, fire dept, etc. Bad news is, not exactly a lot of great options nearby for trauma victims. It is sad that society has fallen to this level though... not just the shooting itself, but what I'm sure is an uphill battle by authorities to get much helpful info from the witnesses and victims in the aftermath.
I went through there yesterday, tons of media, and the closest church parking lot was a gathering spot for interviews.

I haven't kept up at all, if the witnesses aren't talking that's a pretty sad circumstance.

I went through there yesterday, tons of media, and the closest church parking lot was a gathering spot for interviews.

I haven't kept up at all, if the witnesses aren't talking that's a pretty sad circumstance.

Par for the course if so. A friend of mine that lives fairly close by in Stillwaters said the rumor locally is some guys showed up either uninvited and/or were asked to leave after it was realized they were armed. Supposedly, they left momentarily, then at least one and likely more returned, went back inside, and just starting shooting at everyone. No idea as to the validity of that, but I'd imagine soon some reliable details will emerge.

The longer this goes on, the more obvious it is that either nobody knew the shooter or nobody is willing to talk. It is sad that I almost think the latter more than the former.

I'm leaning on the latter, plus the idea that more people were involved (in both groups) than most realize. I could see a scenario where a lot of people were hit by "friendly" [I use that term loosely] rounds.

Back
Top Bottom