| NEWS Dabo Swinney: Clemson might have inadvertently provided PEDs to suspended players - AL.com

There's some truth there @TUSKtimes but I think it needs a clarification or two. I understand what you're saying. But, let's differentiate between "approved" and "available." Being tested, and being approved, are different but both are cases of it being ingested, right? It's being studied around the world for muscle degenerative diseases and recuperation so we do have human consumption.

Easily available, btw. It's sold online.

It would be a much easier sell if this stuff was labeled and found in herbal form all over the mall. Muscle degenerative diseases and recuperation probably won't sell with 18 to 22-year-olds. Nor gain much sympathy. All I'm really saying about the availability of the drug is that it's an easier sell and more plausible route if there's a rational argument that the nutritional staff screwed up. Which seem to be where Dabo is going. This drug is not an easier reach to make the argument as some other drugs.

There are a lot of possible explanations here. And, in my view, none of them are a good look for Clemson.

Did they know? LOIC would likely fit.
They didn't know but gave it to their players? That's borderline medical malpractice it would seem.

If it's as simple as the players juicing and then lying to the staff at Clemson? They got what they had coming.

I agree, in the end, either your staff looks like they don't know what they are doing or through your explanation, you risk coming off like a permissive parent. The NCAA still frowns on that kind of misbehavior either way.

In any case, I can't wait to find what his investigation has to offer. To try to exonerate the player's someone is getting thrown under the bus. Dabo would be wise to make sure it's not him.

@TUSKtimes I'm looking at their reactions/actions like a Friday evening news dump...they're hoping it falls out of the news cycle(s) quickly.

I really don't expect much from it other than a cloud that'll hang over Dabo's head—and Bates—for years to come. It may not nationally, but I'll damn sure bet ya we'll see a Bama fan bring it up in the future.

I hope ...personally...nothing comes of it...Clemson and Dabo are really ok...
As far as i am concerned anyway.....
They have an awesome program....one that will give bama fits for years to come..
They outscouted us...out played us...and deserved the NC

Back
Top Bottom