| FTBL D. Hanks or M. McCoy progress?

Chuck-E-Cheeze

Verified Member
Just wondering if anyone in the know on here has heard anything about the recent progress of either of these two young men? I've only heard little pieces of info(nothing recent) that makes me anxious to see these two on the field this year. Maybe this WR corps is being a little underrated? I hope so.

I've been wondering about this myself. And I agree with you, I think we may have an underrated WR core. Especially Hanks, I see him stepping up in a HUGE way this year.

Hanks is likely the top WR on the squad at this point, he's done very well. The coaches love him. McCoy has not progressed quite as well, but neither has anyone else. McCoy will get his playing time though. He's a solid player.

Porter said:
Hanks is likely the top WR on the squad at this point, he's done very well. The coaches love him. McCoy has not progressed quite as well, but neither has anyone else. McCoy will get his playing time though. He's a solid player.

Hanks was impressive in the spring game. Who else do you see stepping up? Maze? Alexander?

Bones82 said:
Porter said:

Hanks was impressive in the spring game. Who else do you see stepping up? Maze? Alexander?

I think that D. Hanks, M. McCoy, N. Stover, E. Alexander, J. Jones, and BJ Scott will be the main 6 in the rotation.

-Alexander has steadily improved, and coaches like his size.

-I think Maze will have a bit of a role at WR (screens and such), but I see Scott eating up much of his would-be playing time.

bamafan said:
what about brandon gibson? i had some high hopes for that guy.

I see him as a guy like Maze at this point. A player who will get some PT, but not as good of a player as those other six. That is just my opinion at this point, a lot can change in August, and he'll definitely have a shot and moving up the ladder. Those guys in front of him aren't chopped liver though...

NTT said:
Uhm ooops maybe nobody saw this before I edited it. is that main 6 in the order from top to bottom or just random?

Well, I guess it depends on if Saban and Mac sub in groups or sub in/out individuals. I think Hanks will be running with the 1's for sure. The others, your guess is as good as mine, especially early on in the season. As the season wears on, Julio will be in there more and more... as will BJ.

Well Alexander started last season getting plenty of playing time the first 3 games then he fell off the map. Just wondering if he has gotten better or is the WR corps that slim. I thought he looked decent in those games last year. Not sure why he had the drop off. Gibson was supposed to be the best of the group of new guys and i guess he hasn't panned out.

NTT said:
Well Alexander started last season getting plenty of playing time the first 3 games then he fell off the map. Just wondering if he has gotten better or is the WR corps that slim. I thought he looked decent in those games last year. Not sure why he had the drop off. Gibson was supposed to be the best of the group of new guys and i guess he hasn't panned out.

Sometimes is takes some guys longer to get used to getting jammed at the line. It takes others time to become useful at blocking... point is, it isn't always about ones ability to run a route and catch the ball. Even though Hood and Ray didn't make it in with this class, from top to bottom, we have a very good group of receivers. It would be nice to have a couple or three more, but unless injuries take hold, we've got the talent at WR to win games. Our depth going into the season there is not a big problem at all.

Everyone should hope that Alexander progresses and becomes one of the main ones in the rotation. When we were at A-Day I was able to see these guys up close and Alexander's size is phenomenal. He's very big and actually caught a TD OVER Kareem Jackson, I believe it was Jackson. But there was nothing the defender could do. He was just so dang big.

Wasn't it Antoine Caldwell that said before last season that he expected McCoy to be one of the most improved players on offense? That he was going to surprise everyone. It might have been this spring he said it. I know Hanks is gonna be something but I had very high hopes for McCoy and Alexander. Either way, in 2009 BAMA should have one of the best WR corps in the country. Those QBs that PASSED on the Tide will be kicking themselves for missing a golden opportunity!(pun intended) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom