| FTBL Croyle vs. Cox....

Who has the more talented QB?

• Alabama(Croyle)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crimson323

Verified Member
Alabama and Auburn have two stellar QB's. Croyle is the senior who needs his back field and recivers to break out in this game. He seeks to end his season on a glorious note by leading his team to an Iron Bowl victory. Cox is the suprisingly good sophomore and born Bama fan who was denied a scholly by UA, and has a decent supporting cast surrounding him.

1. Who deserves this win more? Croyle or Cox

2. Who is the better overall passer? Croyle or Cox

3. Who has served their team better? Croyle or Cox

4. Who has the better backfield? Croyle or Cox

5. Who has the more talented corp. of recievers? Croyle or Cox

Ken Darby vs. Kenny Irons
Ken Darby has served his team well this year. His running game is great when the team is consistant in using him. Kenny Irons has had a great running game this year against most defenses. He has also served his team well.

1. Who is the better overall RB? KD or KI

2. Who has the better supporting cast? KD or KI

3. Who deserves this win more? KD or KI

4. Who gets more yards this Saturday? KD or KI

5. Who has served their team better? KD or KI

1. Who deserves this win more? Croyle

2. Who is the better overall passer? Croyle

3. Who has served their team better? Hard to say, neither would be near as good without them under center.

4. Who has the better backfield? Croyle

5. Who has the more talented corp. of recievers? With Pro hurt, Cox does. Even with Pro healthy, Cox probably would have, but it would have been close.

1. Who is the better overall RB? Darby (Irons is a great back, but I wouldn;t trade Darby for anyone in the SEC).

2. Who has the better supporting cast? Darby has the better FB, Irons has the better Line.

3. Who deserves this win more? Darby

4. Who gets more yards this Saturday? Darby

5. Who has served their team better? Again, hard to say... but I think Irons is more important to his team than Darby is to BAMA simply beacsue of the talent behind them (from what I've seen).

1. Who deserves this win more? Croyle. He has been through a lot in his career, including some "fans" now questioning if he should sit in deference to JPW.

2. Who is the better overall passer? Push. Both have similiar attributes.

3. Who has served their team better? Cox. Replacing an NFL first round pick is no small task. Almost a push. Neither team in where they are without these guys.

4. Who has the better backfield? Cox. Slaughter, Irons, Lester, Stewart, Smith, Davis. Darby, Castille, Johns. Quantity trumps a tie at the top.

5. Who has the more talented corp. of recievers? Cox. Both sets have talent and have also dropped their share this year, but experience and leadership from Obamanu, Mix and Aromshadu win out.

1. Who is the better overall RB? Push. Both are warriors.

2. Who has the better supporting cast? KI. O line and rest of the offense mak ethis an easy pick.

3. Who deserves this win more? Push. Both have overcome adversary of different types.

4. Who gets more yards this Saturday? KI. But not much.

5. Who has served their team better? KI. Worked hard to improve blocking techniques and has become a leader.

Both of these polls are very hard to answer in most cases.

Tigrinum Major said:
1. Who deserves this win more? Croyle. He has been through a lot in his career, including some "fans" now questioning if he should sit in deference to JPW.

2. Who is the better overall passer? Push. Both have similiar attributes.

3. Who has served their team better? Cox. Replacing an NFL first round pick is no small task. Almost a push. Neither team in where they are without these guys.

4. Who has the better backfield? Cox. Slaughter, Irons, Lester, Stewart, Smith, Davis. Darby, Castille, Johns. Quantity trumps a tie at the top.

5. Who has the more talented corp. of recievers? Cox. Both sets have talent and have also dropped their share this year, but experience and leadership from Obamanu, Mix and Aromshadu win out.

1. Who is the better overall RB? Push. Both are warriors.

2. Who has the better supporting cast? KI. O line and rest of the offense mak ethis an easy pick.

3. Who deserves this win more? Push. Both have overcome adversary of different types.

4. Who gets more yards this Saturday? KI. But not much.

5. Who has served their team better? KI. Worked hard to improve blocking techniques and has become a leader.

Both of these polls are very hard to answer in most cases.

What he said....

I voted for Cox because he's playing at as good a level as Croyle in only his first year as a starter.

1. Who deserves this win more? No one "deserves" to win. They either earn it or they don't.

2. Who is the better overall passer? Croyle has a stronger arm but Cox seems to lay it in there more accurately. I'll go with Cox by a hair.

3. Who has served their team better? Cox. Croyle has struggled since Prothro went down.

4. Who has the better backfield? Overall, Cox. But not by much.

5. Who has the more talented corp. of recievers? Cox, without question.

Ken Darby has served his team well this year. His running game is great when the team is consistant in using him. Kenny Irons has had a great running game this year against most defenses. He has also served his team well.

1. Who is the better overall RB? Draw. Depends on what you like. Irons has more breakaway speed and power. Darby is no slouch in those areas but is more slippery and quick. Both are good receivers out of the backfield.

2. Who has the better supporting cast? Irons. He's got a better OL to run behind and more consistent receivers keeping defenses honest.

3. Who deserves this win more? See answer to first question.

4. Who gets more yards this Saturday? Irons.

5. Who has served their team better? With Auburn losing Caddy and Ronnie, I'd say the performance of Irons this year gives him the nod in this category.

1. Who deserves this win more? Croyle, he has faced far more adversity and not once does he whine about the trials over the last few years.

2. Who is the better overall passer? Croyle, Cox is strong, but Croyle has too many factors surrounding him right now that limit his performace. When everything else is clicking I'll take Croyle, his energy, and his deep bomb ability.

3. Who has served their team better? Croyle, Cox is still a So. and while he's performed quite well, Brodie is the leader and the bearer of blame for this offense.

4. Who has the better backfield? Croyle, tough to say, but I think 1) McClain is one of the best if not the best FB in the country and Castille is good ball carrier when not playing FB 2) I think Darby has more desire than Irons at this point 3) Johns is an x-factor in the backfield that can serve a multitude of purposes. AU's backfield is very talented though, top 3 in the conference.

5. Who has the more talented corp. of recievers? Cox, this group of receivers has been playing with each other for two of three years now and have established themselves as a threatening unit. Bama's WR are struggling to find an identity and a consistent game.

1. Who is the better overall RB? KD, I think his attitude and toughness separate him from any back in the conference

2. Who has the better supporting cast? KI, better offensive line and that is the key to any good running game.

3. Who deserves this win more? KD, about as much adversity as Brodie and was unable to hardly play in last year's Iron Bowl, again, I think his desire will separate him....

4. Who gets more yards this Saturday? KI, because I don't think AU will use as many backup RBs as Bama will

5. Who has served their team better? KD or KI, no idea, both are invaluable assets

Back
Top Bottom