| FTBL Couple of thoughts- booing (I swore I wouldn't do this!)

bamafan4ever

Staff
I just have to say it.....

Last year, I got into a pseudo debate about booing. I was so frustrated with the Shula regime, I was justifying some people booing if they saw fit, although I have never been part of it at any BAMA game. Today has certainly changed my perspective on this. I was embarrassed by the loss to ULM, no doubt. I was more embarrassed to be a BAMA fan after today's booing outburst. I saw some of the kids that are being recruited by this team and one early Junior commit, Fluker. My mind was on those guys at the end of the game and I wondered to myself what they came away with on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these commits open their recruiting back up. Yes, it was that bad.

Also, because it is the "nature of the beast", I want to place blame for this embarrassment on someone or something and I keep coming up with one word, "attitude". It's bad attitude I am talking about. We all try to sugarcoat problems that arise on the team (arrests, fraud, etc.) but this attitude and lack of accountability has shown itself to be pervasive on this team. Some of the nicest guys with great personalities that should be leaders on this team have dropped the ball on more than one occasion, off the field. I don't EVER remember this many problems with one BAMA team. I am not saying some of these kids aren't great citizens but they do seem to use very poor judgment. It's like none of life's lessons have been taught to them for the better part of the last 4 years. We have very immature Junior and Senior "leaders" on this team. Think about it. Some of the younger players have asserted themselves as leaders because the upperclassmen refuse to do so (Rolando McLain, Kareem Jackson, etc).

As cruel as this may sound, we are about 19 slots closer to getting a new attitude on this team. At least three of our seniors were good leaders and stayed out of harms way. This puppy is more than a process. I hope Saban studied psychology in college. It looks like he will need it for next year's senior class.

Where is the leadership on offense? There is none period and for the last two games the very person who should step up looks completely and totally lost. This speaks volumes to those junior and senior players who should be pulling this team together.

It would not surprise me to see a totally different backfield on offense in every position. I expect to see a different starting qb, half back and full back next season.

I completely agree bamafan4ever, CS has to change the mindset of this team and I believe it will happen starting in the spring. I don't see any changes until then. However I believe he will go into spring practice with no depth chart and everyone will have to earn a starting position.

We need depth but more than that we need heart, drive, determination and all that is missing from this group with the exception of a few.

I expect to see many younger players starting next year. I totally support CS and believe he will do the right thing for this team. I believe changes are coming.

bamafan4ever said:
I just have to say it.....

Last year, I got into a pseudo debate about booing. I was so frustrated with the Shula regime, I was justifying some people booing if they saw fit, although I have never been part of it at any BAMA game. Today has certainly changed my perspective on this. I was embarrassed by the loss to ULM, no doubt. I was more embarrassed to be a BAMA fan after today's booing outburst. I saw some of the kids that are being recruited by this team and one early Junior commit, Fluker. My mind was on those guys at the end of the game and I wondered to myself what they came away with on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these commits open their recruiting back up. Yes, it was that bad.

Totally agree.

Although I think at the end of the first half, people booed because we didn't do anything to try and stop the clock with ample time left to set up for at least a FG. Not that I think it would of mattered anyways and I was not seeing a reason to boo the team. But, I believe that was the reason they booed and it all came from the student section FIRST.

I was embarrassed to be wearing crimson. Those that booed, need to stay at home.

I saw many people walking around, some I know had to be recruits or important people. I hope they do not think of the boo's as a normal thing that happens at BDS. I also hope they remember how much the crowd was involved trying to rally the team when we were down on spirits. So while there were some booing, there was also embracement. I just hope they can remember the positives from the negatives. :?

Question. Were the boos coming from all over or certain sections? This "what have you done for me lately" mentality is getting out of hand. Not just at football games but in life in general. I have serious concerns about our team, our fans and Americans in general.

BamaDelta said:
Question. Were the boos coming from all over or certain sections? This "what have you done for me lately" mentality is getting out of hand. Not just at football games but in life in general. I have serious concerns about our team, our fans and Americans in general.

They came from the entire stadium.

I didn't necessarily mind yesterday, considering that I think that the "us versus the world" mentality can be a very good thing for us in the upcoming game and off-season.

For the record, I didn't boo. Don't let me give you the wrong impression.

Elephantitis said:
BamaDelta said:

They came from the entire stadium.

I didn't necessarily mind yesterday, considering that I think that the "us versus the world" mentality can be a very good thing for us in the upcoming game and off-season.

For the record, I didn't boo. Don't let me give you the wrong impression.

I didnt boo out loud but i was on the inside lol

BamaDelta said:
Boos were very heavy on the west side for a change. It embarrassed me to no end to hear this booing crap but we all have to remember, the stadium was full of the fans that this was probably their only game they came to this year. I have been going to Alabama games for 32 years and have NEVER heard the boos that loud at the end of the game.

Atlanta_Tider said:
BamaDelta said:
Boos were very heavy on the west side for a change. It embarrassed me to no end to hear this booing crap but we all have to remember, the stadium was full of the fans that this was probably their only game they came to this year. I have been going to Alabama games for 32 years and have NEVER heard the boos that loud at the end of the game.

All day the atmosphere in tuscaloosa seemed so flat, i was really dissapointed at the face that i heard more booing than cheering. I am hoarse from screaming and cheering yesterday.

ACL11190 said:
the main reason i cant wait until next season is to get more size on the offensive and defensive line...im telling you that is by far our biggest weakness.

I remember many people here talking about our lack of size on both sides of the line at the begining of the season. Boy it's really killing us.

ACL11190 said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
BamaDelta said:

All day the atmosphere in tuscaloosa seemed so flat, i was really dissapointed at the face that i heard more booing than cheering. I am hoarse from screaming and cheering yesterday.
From the moment I stepped out of the car, I thought it was too quiet. Was odd to walk around campus and it be mute like it was~!

Why would you boo your own team for any reason? This is YOUR TEAM, you don't boo your own team. You boo refs, you boo cheap shots, but you never ever boo your own team. These people that are doing this don't deserve to be called Alabama fans and they definately shouldn't go to the games. You can be angry at a lose but come on who boo's their own team. We have a great future ahead of us, if you have any doubt just go look at next years recruits,(if we don't lose some because of stupid booing fans).

Back
Top Bottom