| FTBL Couple of Things

ijijmijij

Verified Member
Red Zone:

I love how Saban went for two on the last touchdown, not only for points in relation to the score but to allow the offense a little real PRACTICE at scoring with a shortened field. We have GOT to score touchdowns in the red zone.

JP Wilson:

I also noticed DJ Hall jumping to the very limit of his vertical on just about every pass attempt at him, ditto for Mike McCoy. I guess it is better to overthrow than underthrow.

Re: Red Zone

ijijmijij said:
A couple of things:

I love how Saban went for two on the last touchdown, not only for points in relation to the score but to allow the offense a little real PRACTICE at scoring with a shortened field. We have GOT to score touchdowns in the red zone.

I also noticed DJ Hall jumping to the very limit of his vertical on just about every pass attempt at him, ditto for Mike McCoy. I guess it is better to overthrow than underthrow.

I love how Saban looks, walks, talks, sleeps, breathes, coaches, craps, and every other thing about him. But most of all his coaching. :D

Our redzone offense has to improve no question about it! If we would have not had that great return would have been 9-3 at half.. Special teams has improved I think..

JPW was badly off the mark several times with wide open receivers and no pressure. I don't know if the wind was a factor up there, but there were many more points to be had if he was on target.

He did throw a nice pass on a fade to Hall early in the game, but later put that throw too near the sideline for the receiver to make a play inbounds. Hopefully this was just a bad day for him.

rammajamma said:
ijijmijij said:
A couple of things:

I love how Saban looks, walks, talks, sleeps, breathes, coaches, craps, and every other thing about him. But most of all his coaching. :D
You forgot chewing gum. He sure was working on it Saturday.

psychojoe said:
JPW was badly off the mark several times with wide open receivers and no pressure. I don't know if the wind was a factor up there, but there were many more points to be had if he was on target.

He did throw a nice pass on a fade to Hall early in the game, but later put that throw too near the sideline for the receiver to make a play inbounds. Hopefully this was just a bad day for him.

I think you're probably right Joe. I've never seen JPW like that before.

rammajamma said:
ijijmijij said:
A couple of things:

:shock: :lol:

You guys also forgot we had a few drops in the game as well. JPW would have looked a lot better if some those would have pulled down. I thought he just looked lethargic kinda going through the motions...

Back
Top Bottom