| FTBL Could someone please tell me why the game is at 11:30

I must admit that the Daves did a decent job on Sat. I had planned to listen to Eli and Snake and mute the Daves, but the CTSN was so far behind live play. It really doesn't do me a lot of good listening to something I already know is going to happen.

So, I thought I'd give the Daves a shot. Maybe it was because we were doing decent for most of the game, but they didn't bug me. Even at the end they pretty much were calling it an Alabama win.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact they didn't know the rules for replay. They didn't know if a ball is ruled dead/down then you can't review it. Even I knew that one! And they didn't know the rules at the end regarding the ball handler back in bounds, if he touches it 1st, etc.... Of course no one seemed to know that one either....except Penn Wages. :)

I will admit that the video quality is no where near that of ESPN what I do like about LF is this:

1. No Lou Holtz!

2. No Lee Corso

3. No 3 way split screen between our game, Oregon St and UNLV or whoever, and a NASCAR race.

4. No interruptions about whatever taste of the town we are doing that week. (They should really try Tokyo's in Taylorville BTW. Very good seafood!)

5. No Sky Cam. I feel like I am on some ride at Six Flags everytime that show it. Its a worthless camera angle IMO.

6. Less commercials. I don't have any figures on that for sure. But it seems like it any way.

rammajamma said:
I will admit that the video quality is no where near that of ESPN what I do like about LF is this:

1. No Lou Holtz!

2. No Lee Corso

3. No 3 way split screen between our game, Oregon St and UNLV or whoever, and a NASCAR race.

4. No interruptions about whatever taste of the town we are doing that week. (They should really try Tokyo's in Taylorville BTW. Very good seafood!)
5. No Sky Cam. I feel like I am on some ride at Six Flags everytime that show it. Its a worthless camera angle IMO.

6. Less commercials. I don't have any figures on that for sure. But it seems like it any way.

Good point. I would like to walk in whatever restaraunt while Blackledge is doing "Taste of the Town" and punch him. Then they could show that during the football game.

Bones82 said:
rammajamma said:

1. No Lou Holtz!

2. No Lee Corso

Good point. I would like to walk in whatever restaraunt while Blackledge is doing "Taste of the Town" and punch him. Then they could show that during the football game.

Oh, I like Blackledge, and his Taste of the Town. The Arkansas catfish place was nice on Saturday. It's funny watching Blackledge's exposure to true Southern cooking. When he talked about the fried pies, you could tell he was intrigued and then smitten.

Having yankees come down and enjoy our finer things puts us in a good light. It's a risk though, because many times they don't go back north.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom