| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Cord cutting

XXL TideFan

I am going to cut my cable cord shortly. A $25 digital antenna and I get 40+ choices OTA. My TV has butt loads of viewing options, streaming, free and subscription. Just going to pay for internet. What is the best streaming service for cable type channels?

I dropped Sling years ago, initially used the Sling device to sling TV from my house to the net. Then when I cut the cord ~4-5 years ago Sling was the option I went forward with. Recently I tried Playstation Vue up in Montana for a month, but it wasn't very optimized for my slow ass internet (Puffer works amazing on it though). Sony announced a week ago or so that it's quitting the streaming business in Jan 2020.

I've never used Hulu.

I find it interesting that most people who cut the cord basically steal everything they used to pay for (yes, these sites are technically stealing). I get it, but it is just funny to me.

Once it is just my wife and I (or at least us and her mother) I will probably really get rid of cable. I still have 4 and sometimes 5 TV running in the house at times. No way I can point everyone to go to this or that website to watch what they want, my MIL can barely run a TV and cable box (and yes we tried a Harmony remote to control it all, she actually figured out how to screw that up).

I just went from HughesNet to the local phone company with Xstream. I had it for a week now. It doesn't buffer. I have Netflix and Hulu. But the thing is I have try going on ESPN to watch the game, but it tell me I have to had a provider to watch. I'm about to sign up with Sling this morning to check it out. Going with the free 7-day first. Yes, everything is going up by the end of the year. @XXL TideFan go check out MeTV and Antenna TV. If you like shows from the 50, 60, 70, 80, and some from the 90. Grits TV are westers,

Anyone thinking of getting Disney+, there is a bundle that has it plus Hulu (ad supported tier) and EPSN+. Cost is basically like paying for Hulu and Disney+ and getting ESPN+ for free. Not sure how it would work with the Verizon offer for free Disney+ for a year.

Back
Top Bottom