| BSB/SB College World Series - Ole Miss wins the national title.

"Ole Miss wins the national title" this world really is upside down, those I words I never thought I would hear in any sport.
Their first in any sport. It was a "trivia question" posed here last off-season.

And for me personally they kept AU, OK , & A&M (yes I know they didn't play them) from winning
The only team found in the SEC who hasn't won a national title in any of the three major sports in the last 75 years.

Their first in any sport. It was a "trivia question" posed here last off-season.

The only team found in the SEC who hasn't won a national title in any of the three major sports in the last 75 years.
That's a tough reality for that bunch when they're in the same conference with Vandy.

I don't see them getting in the MCFB Playoff before exapansion.

And Ole Ms was last team in tournament...ummmm
Got hot...right time.....ummmmm
Could it happen in expanded CFPs?
Team just get hot?
Maybe, but it wouldn't be just for the playoffs. It would have to be for at least the last half of the season, and the front half would still have to have only 1-2 losses probably. These teams in the World Series had around 65% win rate on average with at least one having a losing record. In CFB, you would need at least an 85% win rate (11-2) to even think about making it. That is good enough that you can't really consider that just getting hot.

Maybe, but it wouldn't be just for the playoffs. It would have to be for at least the last half of the season, and the front half would still have to have only 1-2 losses probably. These teams in the World Series had around 65% win rate on average with at least one having a losing record. In CFB, you would need at least an 85% win rate (11-2) to even think about making it. That is good enough that you can't really consider that just getting hot.
But there will be 2 loss teams in CFPs if expanded. When expanded I mean

Maybe 3....

Maybe 2 loss team before expanded
Lose early NC game. Lose another. Win division. Win conference

Chaos in other conferences

Been around CF a long time. Seen many strange things happen

But there will be 2 loss teams in CFPs if expanded. When expanded I mean

Maybe 3....

Maybe 2 loss team before expanded
Lose early NC game. Lose another. Win division. Win conference

Chaos in other conferences

Been around CF a long time. Seen many strange things happen
We have already had a 2 loss champion anyway in 2007 LSU. Their losses were not early either, 10/23 (#17 Kentucky) and 11/23 (unranked Arkansas). They got lucky because that was the year number 2 lost almost every week. LSU was actually #1 both times they lost and the same week #2 lost and the week LSU won the SECCG against Tenn both #1 and #2 lost (which is how they got in).

I don't want it expanded past 4, but I do get the argument that a team that can go through 3-4 rounds of playoffs and win every game is as deserving as one that only has to go through 1-2 playoff games.

No idea. More people should be talking about why we lowball baseball hires so much after investing millions into good facilities. Bohannon is a great assistant, but nothing more.

What can we personally do about it? None of us, that I know about, are big enough donors to speak up and change the AD's mind. I personally don't give to the baseball program, so I have no basis. I want to win, but what would my complaining do?

Back
Top Bottom