| FTBL College football's best rivalries we're #3?

G

Inhoc
I grew up and currently live in Columbus (Ohio). I lived about 3 blocks from Woody Hayes home. I ended up at Alabama for College (class of 86). I am a fan of both Ohio State and Alabama. I can tell you that from shear intensity and the fact that the rivalry is 24/7 365 days a year. Alabama Auburn beats Ohio State Michigan hands down. As for who I would root for between the Bucks and Bama, here is a clue....was born a yankee...bama fan by the grace of God.

:lol:

source

Miss Lisa Horne has a lot to learn, she dont mention Texas vs tam nowhere, besides its hard for me to believe that Texas and Oklahoma and Ohio State vs Mich are bigger than Bama vs that cow college. She needs to come down here have to live next door to a cow turd for awhile. Then she'll figure out what its all about.

BigAl said:
Miss Lisa Horne has a lot to learn, she dont mention Texas vs tam nowhere, besides its hard for me to believe that Texas and Oklahoma and Ohio State vs Mich are bigger than Bama vs that cow college. She needs to come down here have to live next door to a cow turd for awhile. Then she'll figure out what its all about.

No kidding Texas and Ok is a huge game! I can't believe OSU and Mich is bigger than the Iron Bowl? Hell even the dogs hate barn players!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpfyIaS6wE[/youtube]

psychojoe said:
I'd have to put Bama vs UT in the top 10 somewhere.

I was just thinking this. But I guess there's some differentiation between "rivalry" and "hatred" :lol

Like, I can get along with an Auburn fan, and I'm one of those who is sort of neutral if not leaning toward Auburn to win some weeks. But Tennessee? Oh hell no. I never, ever, ever want them to win, in fact, I want them to be a miserable failure laughingstock, kwim? Like, I think worse of someone when I find out they are a UT fan. If I find out someone is an Auburn fan, I might feel a little sympathy for their misguided ways, but I'd probably still drink a beer with them.

I think in order for another team to be considered a "rival," there has to be a certain degree of respect between the fan bases. I see that with us and the barn. It is completely absent with us and Tennessee. We have no respect for Tennessee, because they have earned no respect.

Other than a simple list of teams in the SEC, Tennessee does not belong on any other list that includes Alabama. Screw Tennessee.

If you read the write-ups, the writer does somewhat justify the picks. There’s a difference between the “best” rivalry and the “ugliest” rivalry. The point being made I think is that Ohio St and Michigan have met in more evenly matched games than Bama and the Barn. In the Alabama-Auburn rivalry, there have been a lot of eras in which one program was definitely dominate over the other. Just take a look at all the five and six game winning streaks in the series.

I have lived in Ohio since 1990 and I can state for a fact the OSU vs. Michigan rivalry is not talked about nearly as much at the Bama vs. au game. The week of the game it gets hype but it IS NOT a 24/7 365 day a year hatred.

alabama mike said:
I have lived in Ohio since 1990 and I can state for a fact the OSU vs. Michigan rivalry is not talked about nearly as much at the Bama vs. au game. The week of the game it gets hype but it IS NOT a 24/7 365 day a year hatred.

Agreed. And the Texas/Oklahoma game is not a year-round ordeal either. My parents lived in Toledo for 8 years and I lived in Dallas for three years, so I've seen them all up close. While both rivalries are strong, they pale in comparison to the Alabama/Auburn rivalry.

My parents have retired to North Carolina for over a decade and the only rivalry in college sports that even comes close to AU/UA is the UNC/Duke basketball rivalry. That is a bitter struggle that is argued about year around.

My wife is a Sooner fan. She was born and raised in Norman and even she said there isn't a rivalry like Bama and the Cow College. That's a 24/7 365 thing. I guess you just have to be from Alabama to go through it.

My buddy went down to Alabama while I was still in college and we was in a resturant and the waitress' first question was "You for Alabama or Auburn?". My buddy looked at her and I and then said "Y'all are serious about that rivalry ain't you?".

He was born and raised in Wyoming, so he don't understand it.

Cory

Back
Top Bottom