| NEWS College Football Playoff questions for five teams after three weeks - ESPN

IMO, it is too early to even have the discussion of teams for the college football playoffs. There are lots of games still left to be played, injuries that can occur, unexpected losses, etc... that can happen.
I agree … though of all the teams I’ve seen play so far … UGA definitely looks like a playoff team. I hate it when “the mouth of the South” agrees with me but those pups do remind me of the Bama teams of about a decade ago. Those Bama teams also had “pedestrian QB’s”, great O-lines, and defenses that took away what the opponent did best, rarely missed assignments and flew to the ball for four quarters.

I agree … though of all the teams I’ve seen play so far … UGA definitely looks like a playoff team. I hate it when “the mouth of the South” agrees with me but those pups do remind me of the Bama teams of about a decade ago. Those Bama teams also had “pedestrian QB’s”, great O-lines, and defenses that took away what the opponent did best, rarely missed assignments and flew to the ball for four quarters.

Georgia is doing what they need to do, but let's face it, they have face two very pedestrian quarterbacks. Oregon and South Carolina both drove downfield on Georgia throughout the game. NOW, Georgia did bow its neck when necessary, but average quarterback play caused turnovers to get them out of trouble as well. I'll believe in them being better than us when they play Tennessee/Florida. We have a long LONG ways to go, but Georgia hasn't shown me anything I don't think we couldn't handle. McIntosh is a damn good back, but Milton is run of the mill. Bowers would kill us, and if we focused on stopping him, Ladd McConkey would kill us like Renfroe did. So it would be a challenge, but Alabama and Georgia are not far behind one another, especially if we played today. Bryce Young is the guy that creates that opportunity for us. Stetson has bent every naysayer over and stuck it to them. Good for him as he has done it the right way by just working hard and not letting folks get to him. I like the guy, and he has grown since the middle of last season and could be a problem. Would be a great matchup. Even though our corners not named Arnold are getting torched, we have given up minimal points when you put it all together.

Georgia is doing what they need to do, but let's face it, they have face two very pedestrian quarterbacks. Oregon and South Carolina both drove downfield on Georgia throughout the game. NOW, Georgia did bow its neck when necessary, but average quarterback play caused turnovers to get them out of trouble as well. I'll believe in them being better than us when they play Tennessee/Florida. We have a long LONG ways to go, but Georgia hasn't shown me anything I don't think we couldn't handle. McIntosh is a damn good back, but Milton is run of the mill. Bowers would kill us, and if we focused on stopping him, Ladd McConkey would kill us like Renfroe did. So it would be a challenge, but Alabama and Georgia are not far behind one another, especially if we played today. Bryce Young is the guy that creates that opportunity for us. Stetson has bent every naysayer over and stuck it to them. Good for him as he has done it the right way by just working hard and not letting folks get to him. I like the guy, and he has grown since the middle of last season and could be a problem. Would be a great matchup. Even though our corners not named Arnold are getting torched, we have given up minimal points when you put it all together.

True....
For bama to get at "elite" and I don’t think they are yet....they have to generate more pressure with schemes....but our DC is so mediocre....
I dont know how it will come about.. I am afraid we are wasting great talent on poor coaching...
ULM and Utah State showed nothing...bama talent with Dubose would have shanked them..

Offensively....I don’t know where we are... our #2 ranking...is not accurate....
I just shake myhead....but we will see with Ark n A$M coming up...

Buy uga hasnt really done much...
Oregon...phew...
USCe...double phew...those boys quit ...ULMonroe played harder at end than them...

UGA better be glad they are in east...only Tennessee stands a chance without a let down

Probably see a 11-1 bama vs a 12-0 uga in Atlanta

I'll believe in them being better than us when they play Tennessee/Florida.
Been a looooooong time since anyone used the Viles as a measuring stick. Still can't do it as a long time Vile hater. Hate that this even a possibility because if it is that means they are no longer the cellar dwellars and laughing stock that they have been for 15 years.

Been a looooooong time since anyone used the Viles as a measuring stick. Still can't do it as a long time Vile hater. Hate that this even a possibility because if it is that means they are no longer the cellar dwellars and laughing stock that they have been for 15 years.

I meant their quarterback could hit the broad side of a barn unlike the other two they've played. Georgia's secondary is soft and a good quarterback would eat them alive.

I meant their quarterback could hit the broad side of a barn unlike the other two they've played. Georgia's secondary is soft and a good quarterback would eat them alive.
Fair enough and I get it. I just do not have it in me to give them any respect. Just wired from birth to dislike that bunch and then my brother went and married one of them. Roll Tide BamaFan334!!!

Way to early!
There should be no rankings until October. The only reason the early season rankings exist is to create some hype for the early games. If the CFP doesn’t need rankings until November after nine weeks of football, why have the Coaches and AP rankings (which means nothing in the whole scheme of things).

There should be no rankings until October. The only reason the early season rankings exist is to create some hype for the early games. If the CFP doesn’t need rankings until November after nine weeks of football, why have the Coaches and AP rankings (which means nothing in the whole scheme of things).
I agree with you! Right now the AP and Coaches Polls, are as useless as tits on a boars hog!

@mando ...
That will be one for me...i cant pull for uga or Tennessee...
but tenn will see if they are real or not...

And Bamafan. ......ms50+ ...went and graduated from UT..... saving grace ....its the @chattanooga campus.......

I hope you’re right on Georgia and Bama from this Saturday forward. Though to me, Oregon and SC having just over 300 yards of total offense doesn’t equate to driving the ball downfield throughout the game. I think the yards per pass was less than 5 with the ducks and around 7 with SC or close to those numbers. Those are really good numbers in today’s game. I live in Georgia and I despise the pups but I try my best to call it like I see it and not as I hope it is or will be. So my point was simply as of today Georgia is the only team I’ve seen play that’s looked like a playoff team. That’s not the same as saying who the four playoff teams will be at the end of the conference championships. I fully expect Bama to be one of them (as long as Young stays healthy) but they’ve got a number of issues to correct. The biggest being the O-line, WR’s and the CB’s.

I hope you’re right on Georgia and Bama from this Saturday forward. Though to me, Oregon and SC having just over 300 yards of total offense doesn’t equate to driving the ball downfield throughout the game. I think the yards per pass was less than 5 with the ducks and around 7 with SC or close to those numbers. Those are really good numbers in today’s game. I live in Georgia and I despise the pups but I try my best to call it like I see it and not as I hope it is or will be. So my point was simply as of today Georgia is the only team I’ve seen play that’s looked like a playoff team. That’s not the same as saying who the four playoff teams will be at the end of the conference championships. I fully expect Bama to be one of them (as long as Young stays healthy) but they’ve got a number of issues to correct. The biggest being the O-line, WR’s and the CB’s.
300 yards a game is a lot to me. May not be to college football fans these days as 500-700 is a newer norm. My point was that both of those teams drove deep into Georgia territory MANY times and had the opportunity to keep those games close. That was not the case last year, minus us in the Natty. The game we played in the Natty is what I'm seeing this year. Their defense bows their necks and gets the job done, but elite talent can pierce that Georgia team, and the two quarterbacks that we've seen play them have failed and provided more evidence to their bust five star status as college quarterbacks. Their offense has stepped up this year and Bennett is a legit Playoff quarterback. I'm not sour grapes or anti-Georgia from a how good are they perspective, but they are not flawless on defense simply looking at their points per game allowed. I'm a realist as well, and that's my honest opinion on what I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom