| FTBL Colin Cowherd says 10

G

Did any of you hear Colin's interview with Brodie last week? I can't find it on Colin's archive. Anyway, it was a very good and fair interview with Brodie. They talked lots about Alabama as well as NFL. Of course in typical Colin fashion he talked nothing but good about Alabama while speaking with Brodie. We all know Colin slams us whenever he can, yet when he's talking to one of our own it's like he suddenly thinks we're OK. :roll:

Anyway, after Brodie got off the line I thought Colin would let loose with his real opinions. Not only did he not dog us he picked us to win 10 this year...yes, 10! Did any of you hear that? It was a shocker. Basically he said we'd win 10 based on Saban + Alabama combination.

Back to his typical self he did predict we'd get smacked in a bowl game and then switched over to another topic. :?

When the Mark Bradley's and Colin Cowherd's of the world predict us to do great things it does make you wonder.

Interesting. Wonder if someone can hook us up with this interview.

I might can actually bare to hear his voice for a little while if its positive talk.

Now that things are begginning to settle down, you are seeing alot of people seeing the talent level of the offense, combined with the deffensive coach that Saban is, and it just seems reasonable to attain something like that in the first year.

Of course, a 7-5 first year is also reasonable. I'd rather hope for something mediocre and be proud of a team that does well than to have high hopes and risk having them dashed middway through the season and have that ruin the fun of the season.

I think they are trying to raise our expectations. If they predict Saban will win 10 games in his first year and Saban doesn't, it will give them plenty of ammo to attack us next year.

Their thought might be...raise the expectations so the fans will be disappointed with 7-5. At the same time, the media would have a reason to say that Saban has failed.

I'd rather have realistic expecations and Saban outperform, than to have unrealistic expectations and Saban have an average year.

It's going to take time for Saban to get his program in place. We also have to have good talent to compete.

You are gonna hear predictions like this up until September. If Saban gets to 10 wins this season you better believe that Alabama will be a preseason top ten team in '08. For this reason I say 9. I think we will go 9-4 on the season.

kayleighsdad said:
I think they are trying to raise our expectations. If they predict Saban will win 10 games in his first year and Saban doesn't, it will give them plenty of ammo to attack us next year.

Their thought might be...raise the expectations so the fans will be disappointed with 7-5. At the same time, the media would have a reason to say that Saban has failed.

I'd rather have realistic expecations and Saban outperform, than to have unrealistic expectations and Saban have an average year.

It's going to take time for Saban to get his program in place. We also have to have good talent to compete.

That is EXACTLY what I think. I listened to the interview live and thought " He is so full of it." He said our schedule was EASY. Let's see...we have to play Florida State, Georiga, Auburn, Tennessee and talent rich Arkansas. That is easy how?

Swamptick said:
kayleighsdad said:

That is EXACTLY what I think. I listened to the interview live and thought " He is so full of it." He said our schedule was EASY. Let's see...we have to play Florida State, Georiga, Auburn, Tennessee and talent rich Arkansas. That is easy how?

Don't forget about LSU.

No offense to my fellow Bama faithful, but while it isn't crazy to think a positive prediction from a usual negative bama guy might be an intricate plot to get at our confidence, its becoming a common theme to think that bama may do well this year(from what ive read)

I think generalizing the entire media as trying to bring us down is a bit paranoid to tell you the truth.

But honestly, its not that the media still doesnt like saban (they dont) its just hard to imagine Bama as doing bad as a team with the new headcoach. But I imagine being a shock jock, he stretched it a bit on his opinions.

I think isn't a joke 10 victories, It's something in what I trust since Saban's arrival, besides IMO, this team have enough talent to be a great surprise in the SEC. We have one of the best offense in the conference with a powerful passing game and a solid OL, and I'm not concerned in the ground game, there're multiple effectives. The key is our defense. It's true the front D is something to be worried. The LB corp only must improve with Steele's job and I believe in the emerge of some true freshman there (maybe Rolando McClain). The secondary looks great and their value must be increased with Saban's job there. Simeon Castille is a NFL-caliber and Rashad Johnson will be a factor in the unity.

But, I understand the current feelings of the 'Bama nation. You believe this is first Saban's season and maybe it's time to be cautious 'cause this must be a rebuilding year, but I believe in our crimson tide and in Saban's job, I think we could have a good shoot this year...

RTR

I don't need Cowerd's or Bradley's validation to know that BAMA will be more competitive this year than last. Regardless of what your opinion of Mike Shula was/is, we got ourselves an upgrade with Nick Saban at the helm.

I am not sure about 10 wins this season but I would take it. All I really want is improvement from week to week. That's something that has been missing from this program for a long, long time.

Don't forget, "It's a proccess, it's going to take some time.....aight?".

Good post G. And what a lot of these sports writers and talk show host don't understand is that there can be tremendous progress at Alabama this year, and still have the same or about the same W/L record as last year. If the team plays a full 60 minutes of football, doesn't wear down in the 4th quarter of every game, and actually looks more fundamently sound in the last game than the first, then THAT will be progress. Sure, we SHOULD win more along the way than last. But with the lack of experianced depth on the front 7, it ain't gonna be easy.

joeman546 said:
No offense to my fellow Bama faithful, but while it isn't crazy to think a positive prediction from a usual negative bama guy might be an intricate plot to get at our confidence, its becoming a common theme to think that bama may do well this year(from what ive read)

I think generalizing the entire media as trying to bring us down is a bit paranoid to tell you the truth.

But honestly, its not that the media still doesnt like saban (they dont) its just hard to imagine Bama as doing bad as a team with the new headcoach. But I imagine being a shock jock, he stretched it a bit on his opinions.

I don't think it's paranoia. I think when you look at all the cowherd has said regarding Alabama and Saban...something just isn't right when this guy is positive and says we'll win 10 games.

I personally do not think the Tide will win 10 games this year. I don't think Saban realistically expects to win 10 games this season.

If the team can improve week to week and they only win 7 or 8 games....that'll be a great year in my book.

MDBtrumpet04 said:
Swamptick said:
kayleighsdad said:

Don't forget about LSU.

Now, that's the one I want to beat. Sure would make 2008 easier for me.

I never thought we would lower are expection to just win 7 games so i guess last year was great with 6 wins the only games we got outplyed in was the 2nd half of the Flo. game and LSU pretty much all game with a decent coach we coul have easily won 10 games last year and we got outplayed and coached by Miss. st in my opion

Back
Top Bottom