| FTBL Coaches Poll..wreaks of excrement...Badgers Raiders > Bam

G

Ok I am a realist, 30 years of Bleeding Crimson Tide Pride. The polls although not extremely relevant at this point are such B.S. (Tide has to do their job and not worry about polls (but...see below)

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls

But, how in the hell do the coaches see Texas Tech(9) and Wisconsin ( 8 ) as better than Alabama? What a crock of $h!!@#! These are the supposed experts? Whew, had to get that one off my chest. Please weigh in and let me know what yall are thinkin...

I am excited bout Bama Sat against the Dawgs. And I do believe that a consistently played game with a balanced BAMA attack will be an eye opener for those in doubt!

ROLL TIDE ROLL! :ele

Im not as OLD as you...or bleedding as long but i think that next weekend will open some eyes!

Even if we lose a close game we will not really move in the polls....

If we win....watch out USC :D
But i dont want to jump the gun! :D

First of all, I do find it amusing when I read people say the polls don't matter until...or they don't pay attention to the polls this time of the year.

Why?

Those responses are always in threads about the polls...something doesn't add up there. :shock: :D

As to this thread...

Not a big deal, in my eyes. As example, Wisconsin started at #11 in week one for both polls. We were barely in the top 25 in the AP, #26 in the coaches. For us to be in the top 10 in both is something to be proud of.

Wisconsin hasn't lost. Tx Tech, starting at #12 in the AP and #13 in the Coaches, hasn't lost as well. Both teams have put solid performances on the field in the first 4 weeks of this season.

We are at the point where it is going to take dramatic wins (ala if we beat UGA) or others losing for us to move up.

What I'd really like to know is if anyone thought, pre-season, we would be in the top 10 after Arkansas.

Anyone?

I didn't feel we would be in the top ten, but my post about Clemson was spot on. I also felt we would be undefeated until Gawga. I hate to say this but I haven't been wrong on many games this year. I even picked ECU to beat VT and WVU. I don't think this weeks game is a winning situation. The players are to young and Gawga looks pretty good. The Devils got demolished. Gawga is gonna make us pass, running won't be so easy this week. JPW in comparison to Staffords (sp) numbers last year were very similar and Stafford was in the Heisman hunt at the beginning of the season. HOW? If JPW has a great, not good but great, game we have a chance. I give us 4 to 1 odds at this time. I am truly sorry but I think its gonna be a reality check. Not impossible but improbable.

VirginiaTider22 said:
I didn't feel we would be in the top ten, but my post about Clemson was spot on. I also felt we would be undefeated until Gawga. I hate to say this but I haven't been wrong on many games this year. I even picked ECU to beat VT and WVU. I don't think this weeks game is a winning situation. The players are to young and Gawga looks pretty good. The Devils got demolished. Gawga is gonna make us pass, running won't be so easy this week. JPW in comparison to Staffords (sp) numbers last year were very similar and Stafford was in the Heisman hunt at the beginning of the season. HOW? If JPW has a great, not good but great, game we have a chance. I give us 4 to 1 odds at this time. I am truly sorry but I think its gonna be a reality check. Not impossible but improbable.

ASU also lost to UNLV. I think if we play a solid game we can pull the upset. I like our chances in this one.

We need to beat UGA to impress the coaches. We have been here before and need to finish the season with quality wins against quality opponents. We are not far removed from a loss to UL Monroe and last year's downhill slide that probably still has some impact on the coaches vote. We win plain and simple it all will take care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom