| BSB/SB Coach Murphy - contract extension

Hopefully before Byrne gave him this extension, they talked about issues within the program and Murphy made promises to address it. Two of them being hiring a hitting coach and the S&C program.
I’m not going to hold my breath and you might not want to either. I have a feeling he elevates Iamurri into that hitting coach role. As for the S&C, no clue.

I am not a fan of the drop off in our softball program either. For many years, we were one of the very top programs in the country. My question is, if not Murphy, who do we go after?
Not sure, but it shouldn't be hard to persuade a top not HC to come here. Alabama's got a great softball fan base, with great facilities, and I'd guess NIL isn't an issue (like it is with baseball).

Not sure, but it shouldn't be hard to persuade a top not HC to come here. Alabama's got a great softball fan base, with great facilities, and I'd guess NIL isn't an issue (like it is with baseball).
I’m fed up with the drop in the program also, but Murphy is a huge reason the fan base is what it is. I bitch and moan about him, but he is great with fans and kids coming up love him.

I’m fed up with the drop in the program also, but Murphy is a huge reason the fan base is what it is. I bitch and moan about him, but he is great with fans and kids coming up love him.
In my view ... considering the drama the "Covid class" brought and what that did to the locker room ... considering what we saw happen this season with a team relying on one pitcher (until late in the season.)

And they were in the WCWS. Hell of a coaching job this season

He was pretty much a jerk the few times I've been around him.

Heard from a couple of sources I truly trust (i trust about five people in my life), that he is a jerk when things aren't 100% his way. He's short with conversation as well. I'm sure he chums it up with recruits and season ticket holders simply because he has to. Saban as well. He's also very chummy when the cameras are around and plays it up like he's a typical facebook fantasy life story.

Re: a hitting coach, last I heard a couple weeks ago it was headed in a different direction than Iamurri. Not to say it won't be her, things could have changed, but I think some staff shuffling was expected to a degree. Again though, that could have changed... and UA could announce something at any point now.

Back
Top Bottom